My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, March 25, 2013

Good morning, dear One.   Thank you for the privilege of sleep.  I feel as if I slept well.  I will see for sure now....after an hour or two goes by......I may have to take a nap!  I woke up thinking about how I finally understood something.  It came out of my mouth while I was teaching Sunday School yesterday.  I appreciate the fact that even though my knowledge of the scriptures is limited, You are the actual teacher.  You helped me discover that long ago when I was given the job of teaching a teen class.  I truly wanted to bolt and run.  But, I remember a few things I learned even then as we began our ministry, from teaching that class.  I remember even delving into the Revelations a bit.  You give wisdom, Lord.  It is a truly wonderful thing to ask You for it.....and to receive it.  I love the verse I felt you gave me to exclamate (I think this is a new word for me) it.  I wrote it down a long time ago when I found it in Evelyn Christianson's book, "Lord, Change Me!".   It just gave me such relief to see that You understand the entirety of how I think, and learn.  For me, I feel unworthy to teach anything, yet, with Your leadership, I can teach what I know.....what is real to me.....and, what I have experienced from my interaction with You.  Interaction.  A funny thing....isn't it, Lord?
I know You are not visible right now....but, You might as well be.  I do feel so often that You are quite nearby.  Anyway, I keep getting off track......the verse that I can't seem to find the reference to right now, is telling me that I don't need to worry about how much or how little You expect me to change in my areas of growth in my relation-ship with You.  I remember when I first began my mission of "Lord, Change Me!", I wearied of having so many places I needed to work on.....when, miraculously, that particular verse was thrown into the text of the book.  So, I became encouraged that You would teach me exactly like that.   It says basically, ".......line upon line.....a little here, a little there,,,,(in some versions, it said, "precept upon precept").  I remember at the time....(My word, Lord.....I had to have been only 26 or so , Lord).....I was amazed that You knew even then, I might feel overwhelmed or discouraged. 
When I was explaining about "wisdom" yesterday in class, and said, "God will give us the wisdom we need....at the time.  Just enough.  And, when He chooses to give more.....then, we can move to that.  Stopping.  Asking.  Waiting.  I was encouraged to be wiser in my devotional time.  I see that to remember what "I need to know", I don't have to re-write everything word for word.  You will give me what I need....when I need it.   "A little here.....a little there".  This morning when I associated that verse with what I taught yesterday,  I marvelled at how You touch me Lord, with Your kindness.  You didn't have to.  One day, I may have "got it".  But, I have said it before and I say it again.  You love us.  You are concerned about what concerns us.  Amazing love.  How can it be?  That Thou, my God, would die for me.  So....continue, dear One.....continue to teach me as long as I am breathing.  Give me what I need for today.  No more.  No less.  And, I will be giving You the praise........because, You alone, are worthy of it.
For all of this....spoken and unspoken.....it's all in the name of Jesus.  Amen.
Jesus.....Savior of the world.....and friend to me,  thank You.  I'm forever grateful.
For all I speak of.....even, think of....and ask for......it's all in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Oh, and Lord,,,,,it's in  Isaiah  28:10.  "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little......".  Thank You, dear One.

No comments:

Post a Comment