My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, March 3, 2013

You know, Lord.....I like to think I have my act together.  After all of these years, I would think that when it comes to the mediocre incidentals of my responsibilities, I could manage them all.  Why can't I get a birthday card to someone on time?  Lord, what in the world is wrong with me.  I have always had this trouble.  The "on time" part.  I think I really need to change this.  It annoys me.  I always make excuses.  I disgust myself and have no one to blame.  How do I change this?  By the time I conquer this, I think I'll  have one foot in the grave if You don't help me.  Lord, teach me how to think.   Give me a new way to look at the responsibilities You need for me to fulfill.  So often, I think I have more time than I really do......I procrastinate......I say things like, "I work better under pressure"......and it all basically sends the same message.  "I love you and appreciate you and wish you a great birthday or whatever......problem is, I can't take the time to sit down and make the actual effort to take care of this right now."  Why?   Because I have to ........uh,  what?  Lord.....it seems that when I get one thing nailed down, something else comes up to the surface.  There always is something for me to do.....or a place I should go.....or a project I should start or finish.  Is that what keeps a person from withering on the vine?  Or, is it grounds for a breakdown?  I hate disappointing people.  I like to think, that by having my ducks in a row, I am doing all you want me to.  When I fail to do something.....it's embarrassing to be reminded of it after a gracious amount of time has expired.  And, what can I say?  Excuses are a dime a dozen.  Everybody uses them Lord...and I try to be creative in what I say.....but the bottom line is......I would appreciate a kick in the pants.  I would like for You to give me and show me the tools for making a few changes.  It would make me  a  happier disciple.   Hopefully I will not be guilty of sending a birthday card a month late anymore.....or worse.  The areas of my life that I wish I could change, are areas I can do for the most part.  It is the reformation part that holds me back.  And, I feel foolish, talking about such a failure.  Lord, I would guess that if You can't depend on me to care for and nurture those to whom I have responsibility for.....what good am I to You?
You can't trust me.   I plan to remedy this, Lord.  I need for You to know my heart is sincere.  I felt one time that You spoke to my heart when You needed me to assist  in being attentive to Mom.  I remember specifically a verse that gave me comfort and peace in such a difficult time.  Days melted into oblivion.....I was suffocating from the lack of little hope.  The scripture from Isaiah 41: 9 and 10, told me that You chose me....that I am Your servant.....You have not rejected me......and that I shouldn't be afraid because You are with me......not to be discouraged because You will strengthen me and help me.  What in the world else do You need to do for me?  I believed those promises at such a difficult time in my life......and now, dear One.....I will lean on them again and claim them, once again, to fix what I feel is broken. 
I believe in You for strength and a new resolve to change what I know I can.  Lord, thank You for the privilege of prayer.  And, for the allowances and the forgiveness of sins.  You are a gracious Savior.  Thank You, Lord.  I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment