My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

You know, Lord.....I've about decided I have got to write this prayer blog more than once a week.  I have too much stored up.  I have to get it out.  I need for You to hear all my complaints.  I need for You to stop me in my tracks when I go off on an unnecessary tangent.  Those are time wasters.  Give me the wisdom to prioritize my concerns.  Help me address the issues that steal my time.  The constraints on my day to day are often overwhelming.  I need Your intervention.  I find that my need to spend time with You is superseding much I need to concern myself.  Isn't it odd Lord that the older I get, the more I notice this.  The kids are gone, so the wash isn't as big....they aren't here to leave their little messes all over......my house stays cleaner, longer.......so why don't I have enough time for You?  Uh.....I think that making sure I am taking it, is what.  Not allowing it to be swallowed up in the daily concerns.  Satan has a way of making every legitimate job to be done,  a way to keep me saddled with "duties" instead of letting me spend the important issues of devoting my time to You.  Making sure my commitment to You is firm and secure is my goal, Lord.  I would love for You to continue to make me unseemly uncomfortable  when I am not doing my part.  I find that the time I set aside to write my prayer blog......there is something else I really need to do.  I find that when it is time to write, my slate is blank.  It's a good thing You don't pay me to do this.  The relief I feel when I finish writing to You is "weight-lifting".  You are gracious to me, Lord.  I am grateful for the honor of letting my heart thoughts to Your charge and expecting You to concern Yourself with what bothers me.....alarms me......hurts me......and is calming to me.  I have found, Lord, that You come to us in times when we are at our wits end and we just aren't aware of it.  And, dear One......the times when You choose to be silent, I will try harder to know that You are waiting for me to do what You have taught me in the past.  To lean on You.....to trust in You....to not think I have all the answers....to acknowledge You in all my understanding of any given situation..... and believe that You will lead me......eventually......into all of Your truth.  It's hard to do, especially when I am tired of dealing with people.  I want to disappear sometimes.  But, I will continue to trust in Your management of my life.....hoping I am living up to Your expectation of me.
A few days ago, the "Pop-Pop" of a young lady in our church, passed away.  She wrote a few lines on "facebook" about him.  My heart was touched, Lord.  She gave any of us that read it a windowpane view of how she loved him and what he meant to her.  Lord,  I told her that I was proud of how she spoke of him and thought to myself that each one of us that call You Lord, want our children and their children, to view us as Your servants....and to be an encouragement to others as  You would lead us to.  Besides the promise of being with You in Heaven one day......isn't that a good goal to have?  You have promised us so much.  I think the promise of "peace that passes all understanding" is what I appreciate most.....of course the unfailing love You provide, not withstanding, is above all.  God of all......thank You for the provision in Your word for all we need.  I will always praise You. 
In all I express to You.....I speak all of it,  in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. May you continue to find strength in the Lord as you journey through life and continue to touch the lives of so many in your loving and faithful way. You are an inspiration to others! Always remember this.

    ReplyDelete