My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, December 16, 2013

I've been trying to figure out how I feel today, Lord.  Between all of my naps!  I'll tell you....."the old gray mare ain't what she used to be"......is true in more ways than one.  I feel ancient today. But, I really feel so thankful.  Having an Open House for Your Church people, for all intents and purposes means you have to clean your place and decorate. Plan for 60.... 23 show up.  It is a let down.  I guess I will never understand why folks don't come when you ask!
Of course, Lord.....You have an inkling of a notion, don't You?  You have held out Your hand for centuries.  You have knocked on millions of doors.....and, still, no one feels the need to answer Your call.  And You.......You offer eternal life in Heaven.  Like I said, there is no comparison.  I offer free meatball sandwiches. End of story!   I will use them another day. The decorations I carefully arrange.....I enjoy! And, I think my hubby does too.  Remember, the other day, Lord?  He said....."Why do you do all of this?"  I couldn't answer, then.  I do love Christmas.  The sounds and smells.  The very reason for it all.  Jesus, the Baby in the manger.  How God planned for Mary to be the Mother to this precious child.  Chaste.....and beloved...and willing to go through the trauma of people thinking she had been unfaithful to Joseph.  I was so sorry Joseph thought so too.  But, Lord.....what I mostly loved....was how You informed him of his true involvement in the most wonderful story of love and devotion.  You didn't make him wait....and suffer too long. 
Lord.....I have often thought.....could I be faithful?  Could You count on me....when the heavens are quiet....and the silence I hear.....is deafening?  I know.  I've talked to You about this before.  And, You assured me that when I need Your strength, I will have it.  And, I have to believe that this is true.  I have needed it a few times.I will believe that You will provide the answers I need when and if it is necessary.  I like to think that what I teach to Your people......I truly believe, is true.  Last evening as I visited with a friend from college days.....I remembered what I wrote my last prayer blog about.....as we spoke of a similar situation.  (You know, Lord.....the prayer that is floating in cyber space!)  I was bemoaning how fickle some of Your children are.  I was complaining.  I was thinking  little more highly of myself than I should have been.  Thank You for helping me see the things that need to be changed about my thinking.  I do believe there will always be something You need to point out to me.  Could You see to it that I always recognize Your hand.....molding me and making me into the image of Yourself that I need to be. I am forever trying to be obedient when You show me places I need to change IN MYSELF.   I always seem to get a little agitated when I hear about or experience the behavior of one of my sisters or brothers in the faith that have to be a disappointment to You.....in thinking, "Why don't You get ahold of them?"   You know what, Lord?  It's not my business.  It's Yours. 
So be it, then!  Have Your way, Jesus....in our hearts and in our minds. Aha!  Mostly, my mind.  
To God be the glory!  Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment