My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thank You, dear One.....thank You for the privilege of prayer.  I am so grateful for the power of it, plus the sweet relief of telling You how I feel.  So many "feel" that their "feelings" should run the basic needs of their lives.  I tend to, also.  In all reality, Lord.....Your plan for me may not always coincide with the "want-to's" of my heart.  Could You work that out for me?  I'd like to always feel that Your presence would overwhelm my being to the point where I would feel that You and I are thinking alike.  I always want to help You to entertain angels.  And, there are times when I really would prefer not to mess up my plan for the day!  It means that when I would like to just NOT talk or keep moving on with my plan, I would be willing to stop; look at someone.....in the eye; let them know I intend to listen if they need me to!  You know Lord.....this is not my idea of rest.  It means.....getting involved, sometimes.  It means....giving advice, sometimes....which always scares me.  It does however mean too, that I would just listen...... and look like I care. That really does sound awful.....doesn't it, Lord?  But, for me.....I need help.  It takes so much energy to do that.   It does take time to do that.  Could You give me the added empathy I need to do this for You.  Help me Father.  I am not always available, mentally.  I think You know that.  I do know though, that, You fill my heart with joy and resolve and fulfillment.....when, I realize I am being the instrument for You that You need me to be.  Being in the senior age of my life, I almost feel like my work is done.....and I know that is the devil's lie to me.  I am worthwhile to You.  I have a place......and I have a job to do for You.  No matter what condition I am in......and what place I feel I can fulfil for You. 
Yesterday was Christmas day.  All year long, we either groan or delight in the coming of this holiday.  It is the remembrance of this sacred time that we as Christians find hallowed.  I'm not sure that is the word to use, Lord. But,  I love to think of how You came to be born.....and then finally,  to become the Savior of the world.   It is special and sacred.  I enjoy doing the gifts and decorations.  Looking at the lights that shine in the night.  Nothing though, outshines the bright light of love and adoration You have for us as Your children. 
I'm thankful for the promises You have given us.....and for Your gift of eternal life. 
Thank You for the love You provide.  Thank You for the gift of family.  Thank You for my own precious brood.  I am forever grateful.  I find as I go longer into life......I need You every moment.
Give me Your presence today.  And, Your abiding love.  And, I ask it all in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment