My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Okay, Lord.......I know.  I have definitely put this off too long.  For all my indications of "how wonderful it is to talk to You in such a manner".....I am a poor example to anyone who would like to try.  It is in doing this form of communication with You that I find my solace.  It clears my mind of clutter.  It shows me that I am not as mean spirited as I thought I was........or it shows me I am due for an overhaul,  or replacement surgery. Now, You know how busy I have been, Lord.  Travelling takes every ounce of energy I have anymore.....and packing, unpacking and re-packing exhausts my resources.  I take everything I am sure I will need and then, throw in what I think could be unforeseen needs..........It does have to stop.  I don't even know what ALL I have with me (since I have so many "unforeseen" items).....and usually have to purchase more.  It's ridiculous.  You absolutely have to shake your head and wonder "where You went wrong!".   I cannot tell You how many times I wanted to write and tell You things these last few weeks.  I either didn't have any availability (wifi) or time or fervor.  Jesus.....help me.  This is my life.  I need Your intervention and I need to show those who watch my life how important You are to me.  I need quality time with You.  All the time.  Could I ask forgiveness one more time for my laxness of spirit?  I probably drive You crazy with all of my SOS prayers.  Every time I turned around in the last few weeks,  it was....."Lord, help me." or  "Lord, I need for You to show me......!"  or a dozen or so other quick prayers to  satiate my desire to have You run my life.  I am tired of trying to do this myself.  So often, I am "wanting" to take charge....but I can not do this.  These last few weeks have been so filled with plans made, and,  plans upset because of  just life's happenings.  Everyone deals with it.  Sometimes, it's just a little more hectic at times.   I don't like for those times to interfere with my writing to You.....and they do.  Way too often.  I remember when Mom lost her ability to hold anything in her hands.  She was always  writing something down.  A recipe.  A joke.  A letter.  And, I do too.  But, I really love typing on this keyboard.....to talk to You.
I told the ladies in S.S. on Sunday that we have to watch the way satan intrudes himself into our lives.  When he wins......I lose that special time we can talk to each other.  I can read Your Word.....but.....I just love telling You how I feel.  I can feel free to tell You my flaws.  And in doing so, in this "blogspot", everyone else can see how imperfect I really am.  I am so fulfilled though, dear One.....when I realize, once more,  that YOU forgive us.  Immediately. 

Take my life and let it be lived according to Your plan for me.  I come to You, again and again, for Your nurturing and direction.  One of those pieces of music we are doing for Christmas this season, says, "This must be the place......where I bow down before You.....This must be the place believers come....This must be the place....I worship and adore You......and confess, You are my Lord, my God......my God."   This is what comforts me.  If the day comes I cannot write to You......then, You, Lord......You must show me how to love You more.  My place.....ultimately, is at Your feet.  Until that day, I ask this then, in the name of Christ, my Lord, and say Amen and Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment