My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Asking...Receiving...Asking....

Sometimes Lord, it's like pulling teeth just to make myself sit down and talk to You. It embarrasses me to even say it...like even when You do the most amazing things, I hesitate. Lord, You do amaze me. I see You work. I feel Your presence. I watch the reaction of those that see the prayer answered. (I continue to hope and pray that not one of us will ever take Your power for granted.) Especially after You
have answered a specific prayer, there are times Lord, I have felt too tired to talk to You....or maybe it's just a feeling of exhaustion. A natural reaction. I don't know. I am always trying to figure out what You are doing. Your timing is perfect.
I believe it. I just am sometimes weary from the wait. This will not deter me. I know that there is no one that understands me like You do....
There is NO part of the "answering of a prayer" that I take as a coincidence. So, I can't stop here.
I need more help Lord. I have another need on my mind. I can't seem to do anything positive to help the situation. I've quoted the scriptures....I've asked for help....I've cajoled and nagged a bit....and I still see no results. Just more of the same. After You stay true to Your word and give us far more than we could ask or think time after time, I still hesitate to call on You "again". I know You want me too....atleast I guess You do. I just feel so needy.
Do You ever get annoyed that I am always asking for blessings and favors and needs
and even wants? I do feel foolish in my conversation with You. On and on I go,
thanking You and praising You for Your loving kindness......and then I start. "Oh,
Lord, I need You to do this or that". I wish I didn't need something every minute.
But, for now I do.....and I have no choice. You are my solace. You are the air that
I breathe....and I am consistently desperate for Your touch on my life. I thank You
for Your promise to "never leave us or forsake us"....and I will continue to give
You the praise You deserve. I pray always in the name of Jesus. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. As always Corrine your letter touched me in just the way the Lord wanted it to..It amazes me how my thoughts come out in your letters.Thank you for taking the time to post your letters, they are a blessing to me and I'm sure to many others! May God continue to bless you! I pray for you to be comforted in such a way that you know it is from our Heavenly Father!Love ya, Bonnie Leveque

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we fail many times to give GOD the glory that he deserves,HE blesses us so much but yet we fail to give HIM the glory. On the other hand we have no problem going to HIM on a daily basis and asking for more. Why is this?

    ReplyDelete