My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Higher Place: Prayer

Hi Lord....I am filled with a nice level of joy today. I'm not sure why especially. Perhaps it's
because I rose today feeling like there is no storm to deal with today. Hmmm.... yet, anyway! I know that
there are those around me that are smack in the middle of one right now....and the only thing that
is possible for me to do is pray. I just bet you get nauseated hearing that over and over again. "The only thing you can do is pray." I've said it to people. People have said it to me and it's one
of those nod-your-head things that you do when someone says it and you forget it the minute you walk out of their presence. Many times people who are not able to do anything else in the
church, Lord, feel so "not important" because praying is all they can do. I remember the Sunday
morning it happened; I remember the service being disrupted a bit. I was called to the phone
in the pastor's study and heard that Mom was in Intensive Care and was not expected to live.
Lord, do you remember how I went through the house, basically packing everything I owned
and everything I thought we needed for the trip to Michigan. From that point to the day I could
carry on a conversation with you, which I guess was about the second month of her hospitalization, I
most definitely depended on the prayers of your people Lord. All to the glory of You. It kept
me on my feet. It kept me in "warrior mode" because my mother needed one. It comforted me
when I had to make decisions for her care that I felt I had no right to make. The prayers of
Your children Lord, kept me sane. That storm was so furious that I never thought I'd make it
through. The only light at the end of the tunnel was another train coming. I thank You for put-
ting me on the heart's of dedicated prayer's that could lift me to a higher place than I could even
think of being. I am so grateful. And, I have no doubt that is what saved me. I'm not sure I
could be put into that category, Lord Jesus. Prayer warrior? I don't know. But, I can tell You
this , Lord.....I'd like to be. And, then.....Lord, is that all it takes? Wanting to? Whatever it is...
however it is done....I think that's something I'd like to be depended on for. Bring those to my
heart and mind that need You today to do something for them that they are incapable of doing...
and I will pray that God will strengthen them and give them wisdom for perhaps, waiting.....
until You are ready to do what You want to. Thank You Lord for this idea of writing You so
long ago. I love talking to You. I love that You listen and care about the happiness-es and the
sadness-es of my heart. There is NONE like You. No ONE touches my heart like You do.
I speak these words and ask this request in the name of Jesus. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Prayer...I'm so thankful that there is nothing that I can hide from God. That He already knows what is on my mind...what may be troubling me...and whoever I may be bringing before him. I'm so thankful that He is with me always and ALWAYS has the situation under control...even if I don't see it at the time. I have found in my own life that even when I come before Him in prayer and have not a word...He moves Heaven and He's happy just to have me bring whatever it may be to Him...because He already knows it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy Davis DivenOctober 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM

    After I read this post all I could do was think of Grandma..As soon as you talked about the phone call in church my eyes welled up with tears. I always wondered if we would have acted sooner would the results have been different?? I remember talking with you Saturday and thinking something wasn't right...It still haunts me today..the images, the visits..everything!! I guess it hurts so much because I really was close to Grandma. Afterall, people say I have some of her traits and I know they all weren't great but I know I have some of her good ones too! Her compassion for God first, people second and I'd put animals as number three..haha. Most of all through this whole experience, I realized what a strong mother I had. You stayed by her side...whether you felt guilty or not...you were there for her, you were her voice, you were her arms...you were her everything and she knew it. You fought for her until the end..until her spirit was just too tired. I know she knows she raised an awesome daughter and you did the best you could. I miss her so much sometimes. Thanks mom for passing down the lessons you've learned from so many experiences throughout your own life...the good, the bad, the ugly...you've grown so much and continue to. Your stories only prove HE never will leave us or forsake us. No, there is none like you..I could search for all eternity long and find..there is none like you...I love that song!

    ReplyDelete