My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Pleasure of Your Company....

Lord, I've been thinking about all of the requests I've made to you in the last few
months. I've noticed recently how You have taken great care to remind me that, yes,
I did ask for help....wisdom and strength not withstanding, You provided the portions
of scripture that even explained what You meant or why You withheld Your response to
me. I cannot tell You how that makes me feel as Your child....but I will try. Lord,
I have told You numerous times....that there is NONE like You. I feel as if I could
fly right now because that is how close I feel to You. When You respond to me in a
manner that tells me, "Corrine, I love you and I am your God and I will never allow
you to be overwhelmed by life because I WILL BE THERE....RIGHT BESIDE YOU....taking
the heat from the battle and calming the storm that rages around you." Lord, to have
you show me how to serve You is a great comfort. You know how often I think..."Have I really done my best? And, in all reality, I know I haven't....yet, you accept my
piddly offerings and still speak to my heart. I love the verses that I sort of forced
myself to learn recently. I love to experience the memorization process.... when You
have presented THE WORD to me in a visual manner especially. Seeing the importance of giving my children insights into Your words a little more than I did is sad to me.
The scripture from Deuternomy 6:7 "....impress them (talking about the commandments)
on your children when you sit at home, when you walk on the road, when you rise up
and when you lie down....". I was so busy fixing lunches, getting supper on the
table, trying to get everyone to the table at the same time.....excuses, excuses, and
more excuses. If I could do it over....I'd probably have my kids rolling their eyes
and saying...."enough already, Mom!". Lord, even with all of this after-the-fact
talk...I know You make Yourself real to us. All I have to do....all my kids have to
do is ask You. And You do. I praise You for that fact. I give You all that is
within me. I speak all of these things to You, requests and insights, in the name of
Jesus. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AC, Had to remove my first post...too many spelling errors, but what I said is...the way you have always lived your life based on the Bible has been a great object lesson for your children and others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you and dad did an awesome job raising the five of us. I know me personally, I always knew I could come to either of you for that spiritual reassurance at such a young age or any age for that matter. I remeber at Chichester, many of nights, going to your bedside being upset because of the fear of not understanding Heaven and how it would go on forever and ever and not being able to grasp that. I wanted to live together forever as a family and I never could figure out the "why's" and "when's" but you always comforted me and reassured me that it was just important to make it to Heaven and I didn't need to worry about anything else. You and dad's example of a Christian walk is probably what has kept all of us kids on the right path...we have chosen to live this way and sometimes the narrow path is long and lonely, even goes up lots of hills and has many low valleys but you've taught us to know what is waiting at the end and I can only hope and pray that my children will follow the same path that you and dad encouraged us to take....You never need to doubt if you did enough because you did and I say THANKYOU and LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! Do you see Mom? I know it has to be a normal thing for us to hammer on ourselves for how we feel we have fallen short at times with our children. I've been thinking so much about my Dylan lately...What a treasure he is...and what a comfort it is
    for to me to know that my son has a heavenly Father that will never leave him...I remember him in his little bed telling me that he had asked Jesus to come into his heart...What is LOVE? Love is Jesus...Thats what you and dad gave your children mom...and now it continues with ours...Thankyou

    ReplyDelete