My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, November 8, 2010

For the Pleasure of Your Company....thank You!

You know, Lord.....it doesn't take much time (unless I choose ) to talk to You in the morning...read a portion of scripture and a devotional....and confer with You on the things I need
or do not understand. It can be an all day thing or not. And, Lord, I have found that when I defeat
satan and do what I feel You are nudging me to do....often, I find myself not losing out spiritually.(like I'm sure satan wants me too). It
is so underhanded the way satan deals with us. We feel we are doing Your will. We try so very
desperately to obey what we think You are drawing us to do. And, we carry through.....and feel
this depletion of self....and rest, knowing we've done what You've urged us to. Satan then steps
in and spins our "completed task" and shows us ourselves in a spotlight of public approval and the
accolades that may accompany it....therein, providing us with a false sense of security in our
spiritual state. "You've got it covered, girl" . "You're 'real' conversation with God is inspiring". All the while, he.....(satan, that is) stands back awaiting my anxious heart to fail me.

My dear Heavenly Father, all I can say is....as long as You give me breath, I will praise You. I will maintain to anyone who will listen, that You are my God.....and that my life would not be
worth a dime without You. I will obey what You ask. Atleast, I am going to give it great thought....and determination to follow Your plan as long as I know You are guiding me. And,
that I say with all the honesty I have. I wish I could say "Yes, I will follow You".....as the fisherman who were called to be Your diciples. I have to admit, Lord....I sort of think if I did say
"yes" that quickly, I'd be back-pedaling a bit trying to think of those I needed to alert first. (You know Lord....I wonder if that is a requirement You have of us. Is it? The "stopping-to-
tell-someone-where-I'm-going" part? Is my hesitation to do what You say "immediately" okay
with You?) I guess that is something we need to discuss.

I want to get back to the first part I was talking to You about....You have nudged me.... and I
love that You love me enough to take time to give me a "heads-up" about taking more time
with You. The learning and memorizing portions have given me another avenue to draw myself
closer to You. I thought of another yesterday. Jeremiah 33:3...." Call unto me...and I will
answer You and tell You great and unsearchable things that you do not know." It was mentioned in class the other Sunday that this is a sure-fire telephone call we can depend on.....
mainly because You're never "too busy" for us. So, Lord as I contemplate the changes I need
to make in my day to day....I will let You and anyone who asks how important the staging is for
me. As long as I can breathe....and think.....my time will be Your time. Tithing my time to You
could possibly be an option. I'll have to think about that one too. For now, Lord....I thank You
for the devotional today that pricked my spirit. I know You sent it to me. I praise You Father
for the gift of Your Son to our world. How blessed we as a people are to have this refuge....a
very present help in our troubles. For all I talk with You about and the needs of our family...
I ask for all to be done in Your Name and will. Thank You Father. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I always want to have a willing spirit for HIM....He's just waiting for us to say "yes, Lord" and to completely trust HIM through the rest....that seems to be the hardest part sometimes..trusting.

    ReplyDelete