My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, March 25, 2011

ONCE AGAIN, LORD....YOUR WILL. YOUR WAY.

With all the jumbled thoughts I have swirling I don't think I should be writing out loud, Lord!
It can be dangerous to let people see vulnerability. Or confusion. Or ho-humness. I usually am
the first to admit that I do not know what to do a good share of the time. I can have a scheduled
day or not.....and one phone call can wreck the whole thing. I am in the mode to keep going , so
I do, but the plan has changed. Someone has called and given you an update on a situation.....or
you check your e-mail and someone's life has literally changed directions because of an unexpected turn of events.....so, now what, do I go on like nothing has changed? Do I try to move
mountains to show someone I really care? Do I ..... just ..... pray? Is there nothing else I can do?
To go. To comfort. To cook a meal. Or, wash someone's dishes.....all of this takes a concerted
effort. To walk into someone's life and roll your sleeves up is not always the thing to do.....and,
then, sometimes it is. I always need a shove from You to do this kind of stuff. Some people do
appreciate this kind of help. And, some do not. I guess it is why I depend on You to help me
know how to proceed. I have always downplayed prayers. I think it's because I have known it
to be a way to put people and situations off. To say....." Listen, I'll pray about this and get back
to you!"......or "Let's pray and see how God lead's us.".....I think, are all exercises in futility, Lord.....IF I do not really believe my own words. I learned long ago that prayers said by those
who are unable to do anything else (at the time) are prayers that keep one sane in any situation. I have been in situations Lord when I was desperate for wisdom and direction and
I know You had someone praying....because I was thinking and speaking in a manner that exuded Your wisdom. I knew it was You , Lord. I knew. I am filled with many anxieties today.
I know the scripture says....not to worry about things that are happening today.....because you
just are borrowing trouble from tomorrow....so, I will lay all of my concerns at Your feet. I
do know that the magnitude of many situations do not lay within my capabilities. I can fear.
I can worry. I can give You my suggestions. Or, I can curl up on the couch in a fetal position
and try to shut out the drama.....but, Lord.....when all is said and done ..... if I haven't prayed....
and left my burdens at the foot of the cross.....then I have done a dis-service to You and to
those I should pray for. It is with the wisdom of Your word that I lay my concerns at Your
feet. You do what You will. Right now, I am fresh out of ideas to fix anything. So, You are on
Your own Lord. Once again....Your will. Your way. Your time. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Corrine, you are a wonderful servant of God. I remember the time, when we moved to the Walnutport house, that you took precious time away from your family to come and help me clean the cabinets in the kitchen....remember? AND they really needed scrubbing! I'll never forget it. Thank you for being such a good and helpful friend!

    ReplyDelete