My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, October 22, 2011

IN ALL MY WAYS....I ACKNOWLEGE YOU!

Before I barely have a chance to make a list, Lord.....the week has disappeared.  How does this happen?
I had some plans that did not hit the light of day.   I can always see that what I want is to make my life
more accessible to You.  I want that what You see would be good changes for me, would be realized.  Way too often, I am aware of these changes, and I continue to put off what I need to do.  I say to You....."Lord, I want to do Your will."  And then, I go my way.  Monday, I rested from Sunday.  Tuesday, I went to the outlets with some ladies from church.  Wednesday, I cooked for our Wednesday Supper at church all day.  On
Thursday, I recovered.  And, Friday?  I thought I would look for a new purse.  That did not happen. When I think about the young woman I saw walking in the parking lot today.....I wonder what her need was.  I saw her approach a couple people.  She saw me but she didn't acknowledge me.  I have asked You Lord, to bless her heart and give her what she needs to get through today.  I remember thinking her countenance was sad and I prayed an SOS prayer for her. Lord, You know  I am always
nervous......when I go out.  Especially when I am coming out of a store.   I am usually looking out and around to see what is going on near my car.  Of course, it  always helps when I remember where the car is!
The areas I concentrate on are the ones where I feel somewhat competent.  I am sure that You are okay with that but would appreciate me stretching a bit.  When the cashier at Walmart said, "Have a blessed day!" today, I looked at her and said,
"What did you say?" and she repeated it.  I responded with, "Thank you, and you too!"  .  I imagine she wondered what she may encounter when I asked her what she had said.  I think that was really bold of her to attempt that at a secular store.  Some folks are not  appreciative of that kind of communication with another.  Lord, I need to be a little bolder.  I need to be  a little more courageous.
I need to stop with negative thinking.  My "Self Talk, Soul Talk" work on myself has a lot more to be desired.  Father, my life is in Your hands.  Your hearts desire for me is what I desire.  I plan to be Your instrument with all that is within me.  There is hope that my witness for You will be seen by those who come in contact with me.  When I get an opportunity to run to the store, often, I grab the keys and my purse and leave as quickly as possible....so I can get back.  Those are the times, Lord, that I need for You to overtake my thoughts.  You know who needs me.  My words or my touch.  Lord, this is when I depend on You to give me Your wisdom.  The scriptures that I have looked at and written down this week are comfort to my soul.  I am thankful.  And, I am grateful.  But...I know that there are days when I fall down in spirit and fail You and myself.  My talk is not helpful.  To me or to anyone else.  Those days are the ones I wish I could do over.  I try to legitimize my thought process and outspoken thoughts.  They are days I wish You would put soap in my mouth.  People have enough trouble  these  days without thinking someone would say something negative about them...and they
don't know.  I ask Lord, that You would stop me in my tracks.  Help me to count to 10 or some other
inane thing.....just to think about what is about to come out of my mouth.  Loose lips sink ships.  Isn't that a verse of scripture, Lord?  No, I don't think it is....(smile)  but it may be close to one.  I think James 5 gives some words of wisdom in comparison to ships.  Lord, You are my guide.  You see what damage I can do with words said aloud that are completely unnecessary to be said at all.  Would You watch over my ship.  I need this.  I want Your heart to agree with mine on this. (Is that possible?)  I ask that You would make my mind thoughts into Your heart thoughts.  You are the best One to do the communicating.  Through me. For me.  Take heart, dear One.....I am Yours.  And, soon.....I will be the image of Yourself.  I will work as long as I breathe to accomplish this for You.  In all I pray and ask wisdom for, I ask in  the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment