My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, October 17, 2011

Thank you, Lord.....for so many things.  I do love it when You place me in the middle of situation where I would never normally go! Going to the Alumni gathering was hard for me.....and  even though I tend to grump and complain a bit, it's good for me and I do  recognize that.  I found myself enjoying "the getting together" part.  At first, I was ready to go to the bathroom and stay there.  (If they'd only had a relaxing chair to sit in. It really was quite pretty in there!)  Or, even better, the car.  Yeah......that's where I could have really relaxed.  Well, as You know, Lord....I didn't.  I stayed.  I talked to people.  I don't think I embarrassed myself.  (I wish I wasn't so consumed with that!)  I hope  anyone who interacted with me felt better after doing so.  Several didn't recognize me.  I knew that would happen. I'm a "blond" now.....and  I am on the "plus-side"now.  ( Hoping and praying doesn't change that, Lord. )  Anyway....another day, another prayer for that one! 

I thank You too for the gifts of writers who press us to press a little harder to be the instruments for You that You want us to be.  It is with honor and thanksgiving I give them what they are due.  I praise You for this latest challenge I find myself in.  I also can see something else.  I can read.  I can furiously write down the rules and special notations....the scriptures and the exercises to work on....and I do that so religiously....but,  there is one thing I fail to do.  Many times.  I "put off" the actual part of "doing" the work.  "Someday when I have a little more time.....", I say.  And on and on it goes.....until later on sometimes, months later.....and I re-read as I go through my prayer journal.  "How did I forget that?"  "Why didn't I carry that through?" Lord, You know what I think?  I believe that most of the time when that kind of thing happens....satan knows of my hope to change into the image of You and my "need" to express that.  Often, he plants another need in front of me....all very legitimate....all very important too!  And, when that happens, I go off in another direction....gathering all my supplies to put out a fire that was never really going to start anyway.  Therein, taking my thoughts and my time away from an issue that could help me to be a more effective Christian.  Once again Lord....I ask for Your intervention in my heart and life to make me more and more aware of what I can change that is indeed worthy of change.  I realize that You did a wonderful job when You put me together.  It was as the years went by that parts of my personality were skewed in a way that You never planned for me....and I didn't have the wisdom to fix it. Or, even have the sense to ask for that wisdom.

It is with joy that I write to You and give You the thoughts and needs of my heart.  So many have need of Your intervention in their lives.  Physically, mentally and spiritually.  And, much of the emotional need for them can be fixed by my moving out of my comfort zone and doing what I can and/or listening to their heart thoughts.  I am amazed that so often I am told that "I didn't know I could ask God about something so simple."  Simple.  Complicated.  Sordid.  Awful.  Each request and heart ache is something that You, God , concern Yourself with.  I will always tell You about what ails me.  Even if anyone else would think it foolish.....I know You love me and the way I think.  It is my solace.  It is what gives me peace. 

I praise You, Lord.  I ask that You would supply the needs that concern my husband and myself...and for our family.....each one.  You are the saver of all that is important to us.  Keep me close to yourself
Lord.  If You see me wandering off ..... well, You know what I need You to do.  Trip me up.  I need to do for You and myself what is the most pressing today. 

I ask all in the name of Jesus.  Amen, Lord.  Amen.

2 comments: