My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, October 28, 2011

"IT'S ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS!"

You know, Lord......the more I pray....the more I watch.....the more I wait....I can see.  We can go off on our own journeys alone without asking for direction from You or place ourselves in that spot of paralyzed fear to even make a choice.  I've done both, Lord.  And, probably will again.  But, today, I see that my best source of wisdom is coming to You, again and again and again.  I cannot tell You how I love that You provide us this oasis.  I love to think that I am wise.  I love to have my kids call and say, " Mom, what do you think I should do?"  What mother doesn't?  To be honored in that way always touches me.  It makes me feel like I am still worth a hoot!  But, Lord.....You are the ONE  to be honored.  You are my touchstone.  You are my coming King.  You are my God.  Thank You Father.  Thank You for Your presence in my heart and life.  I am given honor to name You as my number one wisdom provider. I always love it when I read how Solomon was given the choice of gifts he would want.....and he chose wisdom.    It tells me that wisdom is a smart choice and it also tells me that even with that gift, you have to remember where that comes from. For even with great wisdom, if our hearts are not inclined to include You in our decisions....You stand back and let us go.  Eventually, I think, everyone always knows they need to come back to You. In all of this,  Lord, I know that  you love us . Still.   I know You love me and are concerned about all of my comings and goings.  To be like You, Father.....now that is the ultimate goal for me.  Is that so I soar above the masses with my heavenly truths?  I do not ever want to be viewed as so heavenly minded , I am no earthly good.  To have people avoid me like the plague so they don't have to listen to my latest "word from the Lord" is not a level I yearn to be on.  Oh Lord!  My hope and prayer is to be the image of Yourself that You created me to be.  Not  everyone that loves and serves You is honored....or revered....or loved.  I am not begging to be viewed as less respected.....just to be the servant You need me to be.  I hope I am not asking for trouble.  But, You know my heart, Lord.  You know how I mean what I say to You.  I remember when that song came out years ago....."Whatever It Takes".  I remember after we sang it as a special one Sunday, I heard someone say how they disliked the words that were written to that song.
"Whatever it takes, to draw closer to You, Lord....that's what I'm willing to do....". I guess I would hesitate to make a statement that would garner someones thinking.  Naturally, I don't agree with what everyone in Christendom says or does or writes, but many feel they have their truths in sync with You, Lord.  I beg to differ pretty often, but, I realize my thoughts are not everyone Else's.  I can count on You though, Lord.  I can believe that what You say and make known to me through scripture and prayer and the books I read are Your heart connecting with mine.  Lord, You know I hear comments different times from women (and men) that have been in my classes......and while they are expressing their opinion or experience, I have found myself thinking.....".....uh, Lord.....how do I get out of this one? "......and then, I realize that to be honest and forthright with someone on a "point of view" scripturally speaking is one thing.....but spiritual truths.....the perception and precepts of the same are
so very much Your business, Lord.....I believe that is truly Your area.  I pray , dear One , that I will always defer to Your way of perceiving.  Not everyone sees "the truth" as I see it.  But, You Lord.....You can help any one see any thing.  I ask, Lord, that You will help me as I attend to my servant duties.  That I will always let You be the Only Teacher.  Today is Yours, Lord.  As is tomorrow and the day after.  I choose to serve You.  I can do nothing without Your leadership in my heart and life.  I ask all in the name of Jesus and through the shed blood.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment