My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, June 16, 2013

It's been a while since You woke me up, Lord.  Yes.....it was heartburn that sat me up, but, knowing I needed to write, I guess, did it too.  I find myself so grateful for the life I have been given to live.  I feel exhilarated......no, wait.  Check "no" on that one, Lord.  But, I should be.  I feel gifted with the husband You chose for me.  He and I sort of grew up together in marriage and children.  Now, I praise You because of the great dad he has been to our five.  How he loves them!  As he read and re-read the cards they sent him, tears came to his eyes.  How blessed we both are for the life of each one.  And, their spouses.....and of course, our grandchildren. 

Lord, I am blessed because You have continued to shine Your light of love on us.  And, then, when I think any farther past that....I do get fearful.  I have been connected this week to more than one friend who has borne a sorrow no one else can suffer for them.  I find that the great sadness that changes one's life forever is so  all-encompassing that it seems impossible to heal.  Each one bears the grieving process in their own way.  And, Lord......how grateful I am  that You take our personal thoughts and issues into consideration as the wound heals.  I do believe though, Lord .....that the build-up of scar tissue makes some healing near impossible.  I have seen such heartache....or what I perceive as heartache.  I know, Lord.....I have gotten myself worked up when I think I can fix something for someone I have no ability for.....and find that I couldn't possibly have a clue.....and can only just hug them and pray that You will fill that gaping hole with the fullness of Your love for us......and perhaps, a new and bright hope.  I don't believe that You leave us to suffer alone....languishing.....dying a little everyday.  I have to believe You can fill us with a new purpose and perhaps, a brighter day.  We are Your precious children.....and I believe You love us so individually that You understand us as no one else can.  When we love and care for our families, You give us strength and as we need it, wisdom for the situations we often find ourselves in.  So many times, from the outside looking in, issues seem so clouded and unclear.  Sadness for the lost hope discourages us.  Depression is the gloom that threatens our livelihood.  "O Lord, it is You within where we put our trust!" "We cannot live without Your constant guidance and love."  "Search us O God, and find anything in us that makes You sad.....and then, lead us into life everlasting."  Help me, Jesus.....Help us all, to "Lean not to your (our) own understanding....In all your (our) ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your (our) paths."  Lord, You said....."For I know the plans I have for You.....plans to prosper you and not to harm you.....plans to give you hope and a future."  And, when I see that throughout the centuries, You have fulfilled Your plan for those of us that love You and feel called to Your purpose, it does give me reason to hope.

Often......way, too often.....I feel that my contribution to the Kingdom is "slim to none".  Yet..... I also know that satan's job is to make me feel useless (so I will quit completely while he stands by, smirking).....but, I will stay true to what You have called me to......until You notify me with the proverbial pink slip! 

Have Your way, dear One.  My heart is Yours.  I have to make sure I am prepared.  Where is my helmet?  It's probably under the clothes I just threw in the closet.  Where's the light.....great, there is none.  Oh, my word!  There's that shoulder pad I've been looking for.   Okay, Lord.....this is not "Comic Relief" night......It's just me, trying  not be so morose.  But, seriously, Lord.....I can do nothing without my Helmet of Salvation.  Keep me in line, Lord.  I will do my best.

In the name of Jesus, I pray and plead the blood.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment