My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, June 10, 2013

It's so good, dear One, to sit and write to You.  I love the access that I have to the Throne of God.  I don't have to wait.  I don't have to stand in a line.  I never am told that time is up and I have to wait until tomorrow.  You listen.  Anywhere.  Anytime.  It is such a gift.  I am blessed to have such a friend as You. 
 
I was thinking this morning about the verses of scripture that mean so much to us as Your children.  I praise You because even in our small Prayer Meeting crowd.....each person, had their own special connection with You. The other evening as I wrote each one down, I wondered about each one.  The ones that never share anything much with anyone.....not because they're embarrassed.....but, because satan convinces each of us at one time or another, that what we feel and think is unimportant to anyone else.  And, when he does that, he wins another round in the battle for eternal peace.  I wonder sometimes if I were more vocal during the week and spoke to folks I run in to, about You and what you have done for me.....I'd could possibly be more effective for You.  Of course, the enemy shows me that more than likely I would be ridiculed or laughed at.  I wonder, Lord.  Is that grounds for elimination?  I'm glad You put up with all the "reasons" we come up with for staying silent.  Now, just to secure this with You.....dear One.....I do not stay silent when I am urged by Your Spirit.  I know better.  I know that when I am scared I will say the wrong thing....You surprise me with phraseology that I normally wouldn't think of.  It happened the other day as I was on the phone.  I was trying to be Your voice and speak the words that You would have me speak.  I heard myself explaining something.....and I thought.....(because it came out of my mouth so perfectly) "Wow.  Where did that come from?"  And, of course, I knew, Lord.  It was Your Divine intervention.....because it was  clear as a bell.  I love when that happens.  You are God.  I am blessed to have You to as my sounding board....a friend that keeps me out of trouble.  Well, as long as I listen!  Sometimes I do get ahead of Your plan....and we have to start over.

If I could ask a thousand people what their favorite verse of scripture is.....I would reckon that each one would choose a different verse.  There are times when I ask that question....and I listen carefully, and think......"I wonder why they chose that one?"  I love how You speak so succinctly to each of us.  It shows how You speak to each of us, so we will understand the truths You want us to pursue, grow in and lead others to You with.  The people we are responsible for......I believe.....will understand our explanations of Your truth.  I ask Lord for Your word to become more and more clear to me so that I can be the warrior for You that You need me to be.  The day may come when I can't speak or......speak effectively.  I ask that my face will do the talking.  For You, Lord and for Your Kingdom.  

I ask and speak all in the name of Jesus.  Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment