My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear One......I was so amazed to find myself talking to a young woman last evening and as I listened to her responses, I felt as if I was in a conversation with myself.  I laughed as I listened and compared the things I say pretty often to You.  It is so funny, Lord....when You show me myself.  I remember another time when You did that......and I remember not being so pleased with what I saw and heard in another.  You showed me .....uh......characteristics, I guess, is the best word I can think of......that compromise my personality.  The word, characteristic, is meant to describe a person and their qualities.   I am forever trying to "fix" what I think might be broken in myself.....so , when I realized that You were handing me an answer on a silver platter.....I took it......immediately began the work to mend that broken place.  I guess I was amazed that "I" didn't like what I saw being portrayed......and realized You were showing me a place in myself that I could present to You as "flawed" or "broken"......and You would do the work in me that needed to be done.  It always takes the wind out of me.  Thank You, Jesus, for paying attention to my life....for caring enough to help me in my weakness and fallibility.  I guess what I love the most, is the fixing part.  The great "I  AM", is the surgeon.  Placing myself into the care of "The Great Physician" is the key component to a healthy mind.  You give me peace that passes all understanding.  I have assurance that You have my name written down and that as Your child....You are interested in the details of my life.  My concerns are Your concerns.  The house I live in.....is standing firm, while there are so many  thousands of folks that need You to give them peace in their area of need.  The devastation of the floods, and fire, and winds have wiped out all they depended on. Talking to You about my measley needs seems so ridiculous.....yet, with quick resolve I reject the thought to "wait" until......." perhaps, You're not so busy!"  When I see your care for me exhibited in devotionals  and the scriptures I read....it just shows to me the depth of Your love for me.....and for all of us, as Your children.  You walk with us through the areas of our lives that we consider devastation, and then You show us, what is really important and vital in our lives.
Thank You for using Your people to show me how to NOT give in to the wiles of satan.  He is continually poking and prodding to inject himself into my being.  Oh, Lord.....help me not to worry so about my armor being shiny and pleasing to look at.  I want and need the protection it gives me to carry on another day without the constant interference of the devil's lies and suggestions of doubt to my mind.  Why do I worry about his interference when I have the key to his demise....for a while, anyway.......by speaking Your name and reference You as my defense.  Thank You, Lord.  I will contend that the abuse  of my helmet of salvation and the breastplate of righteousness will in all reality become a beautiful masterpiece once all the  areas that satan has targeted are all buffed out.  I think, Lord......but, I'm not sure that it matters to You if my armor is shiny or not.  What my concern is that I keep it moving through the storms and through the trials.  Give me Your strength and wisdom to keep active so there is not one opportunity to form any rust or degradation.  "Keeping me safe through the storm" doesn't sound very brave on my part.....but, because You promised, I ask.  I need You, Lord.  I need You, more than I did yesterday.  I thank You for listening to the pleas of my heart, today.  I don't want to go back to running things on my own.  Isaiah 28:12, tells me You gave a time of respite to Your people.......and they would not listen.

I just want You to know.......I'm listening......and I am resting, as we speak!  Thank You, dear One.

In all I pray......it's all in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

1 comment: