My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Lord, I want to be pleasing to You.....in every thing I do......I want to love You more.....more than words can say......".  The song goes on with what I can remember, Lord, and, without going to look.  "You gave Your life, You paid the price for me......for me."  There's more......but, the end says....."But the least that I could do.....is live my life for You."  As we sang this song this week, Lord......I watched as our young song leader led the motions and sang this with our V.B.S. group.  I was touched by Your presence surrounding her and all of us as we sang.  The "sometimes noisy and inattentive" group was totally involved in singing this song.  It wasn't an ear-blasting, rhythm pumping chorus.  It was softly played and intimately soothing to listen to.  I guess that is what surprised me, Lord.  And the words.   The words I can remember, just keep running through my head today.  Over and over, I hear it.  'Course, Lord.....when that happens, I wonder if something is coming.  You know me and how my brain works.  I don't know......but, I do know that I do want to be pleasing to You in everything I do......and, I know that since I have failed before in this area.....I will again.  Regrettably Lord, You made me human.  I try, but sometimes I act in a manner that surely displeases You......I catch myself (often in the middle of it all) behaving badly or talking about something or someone I have no business speaking of.  So much of our lives, Lord.....are Your business.  No one else's.  Sometimes, we "legitimize" our gossip by framing it in a prayer.  Jesus, shame on me.  Show me how to pray.  Show me myself, again and again, so I can see what makes You sad.  I need to be Your spokeswoman.....I need to be Your prayer warrior....but.....Father.....I do want to pray according to Your will.   Always.  For me and mine.  For those who need to be prayed for so desperately.
Where there is little hope for intervention of man to protect or help.  Lord....these are desperate days for so many.  Tomorrow may be my turn.....but, today......only You know the cries of the hearts of some of Your people.  People I know and love.  People I pray for and wonder if I am saying the right words.  You know, Lord.....many times when You haven't answered me just how I expect You to.....I have thought...."Well....I guess I should have asked that differently.....You probably didn't understand my question!"  Oh, Lord......how stupid can I be.  It just leaves us wide open to satan and his deceitful games.   You saw me being formed in my Mother's womb.....so.....You know EXACTLY how I am wired in my thinking and my doing.  You know what I mean and how I mean it.  You know if it is selfish.  You know if it is desperation.  You know if it is worthy. Enough said.  I leave it to You.   My heart is weary sometimes in praying for those who give and give and give and,  seemingly give some more......and, Lord.....You know what I am thinking.  "Please Jesus, give them a break!"  I'm sorry, Lord.  There is so much I don't understand or have any wisdom to advise.  Lord, You are the One who is absolute in wisdom and answers to prayer.  Oh, dear One.....give me Your wisdom......give all to me that I can handle.  I won't ask for more.  Your plans for me....those I need to minister to.....please Father, don't let me fail them.
It's the least that I can do, Lord.....is give and live my life for You.  In all I do, pray and say.....I ask all in the name of Jesus.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment