My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

At the risk of repeating myself....Thank You!

Thank you lord, for the power of prayer. Again and again, I come to You for the
answers I need. I praise You for the answers You send my way....very often when I
am least expecting them. You know I sometimes think...." I guess there's no sense
praying about that anymore....it must be something I just have to "live with". Shame
on me, Lord. I cannot believe those words even meld together in my thoughts. And,
for all the hoopla I express for "how important it is to speak to You about ALL our
heart thoughts"...well...excuse me Lord, I've got to wipe this egg off my face. I
say to You again...."There is none like You...noone else can touch my heart like You
do....I could search all eternity through...and find there is none like You." I
praise You for the wonder of Your answers that come and think to myself....Huh? I
don't remember praying for that lately...uh, well, thanks Lord. You must absolutely
think, "Is she ever going to trust me?". And, that Lord, makes me sad. I want You
to know I am going to mend my ways. I am going to take on the attitude of "never
giving up" and sticking to it....no matter how tiresome it is. Tiresome. What a way
to describe my subjective prayer activity. I'm sorry for saying that to You. I know
You know what I can handle. I know You also know that I don't know exactly how to
pray for what I think I want. For You to even entertain listening to my concerns...
I find it overwhelming. I do not ever want to take You for granted and let the words
"I'll pray about it." slip from my lips in a cavalier fashion....and I know I have.
I just said that phrase yesterday a couple of times. What I have learned from writing
this prayer to You today....is that You listen....You hear the cries of my heart....
You translate my whining into real honest-to-goodness requests to the King of Kings.
I forever will sing Your praises. Even when I feel that You're holding back on me.
I realize now that I am not always ready for the answer when I think I am. It is a
good thing You know me, Lord.....anyone else would say to me...."Uh, could you repeat
that?". And the funny thing is, I probably couldn't. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for the cross, Lord. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. How blessed we all are...To have a Heavenly Father that knows us inside and out...I always catch myself trying to explain myself and then realizing that its just not neccessary. I don't have to explain myself to Him. He made me...He knows me and loves me unconditionally. And still at times I find myself still trying to hide...trying to handle it all by myself...How thankful I am for His patience with me...Thanks for your words mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it comforting to know that even when I don't understand why I react to situations as I sometimes do...God does...he understands and cares and knows the solution, even if I don't. He is so GOOD to me. Love your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Corrine,

    I really needed to hear the things that you wrote today. It is good to know that we serve and love a God who is big enough to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can even imagine or undertand. Love you and I really enjoy reading your posts and definately can relate.

    ReplyDelete