My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hey,listen! I said..."TRUST and OBEY" !

First thought, Lord......"When we walk with the Lord....in the light of His Word. What a glory He
shed's on our way. While we do His good will....He abides with us still.....and with all who will
trust and obey. Trust and obey. For there's no other way.....to be happy in Jesus....but to trust
and obey." That's what I thought about this morning as I looked over all the devotional's I've
read this week. From Oswald (a hundred years ago!) Chambers to "Proverbs 31 Ministries" ladies to "Our Daily Bread".....it all has amounted to the same thing. Trusting and obeying You. And, when I feel like....."What's gonna' happen next?".....that is what I have to do. Lord, if You were accessible to us anytime we wanted to walk in and have
a cup of coffee with You.....You would be throwing the covers over Your head. I would be bugging You almost non-stop. Of course, I do anyway. I just wonder if You have earplugs in on
occasion when you see me coming.....or stick the ear buds in while I am talking. Do You always
see my mouth moving. It's funny how I can be so mute when I am observing and listening....I do
that so much when my family is around. I wonder if it is because I know when they see my mouth open they know a sermon is coming. (from past experience). Now, no one takes a breath
long enough to let me speak! All of my "words of wisdom" and no one wants to hear them.
Boo-hoo! I really am kidding, Lord....sort of. I truly realize that no one EVER "get's it!" until
YOU do the talking. And, I know that from experience. I can talk. I can cajole. I can manipulate. I can demonstrate. I can stomp. I can show anger. And, there's nothing. When,
You finally speak up.....someone listens. Someone stops in their tracks. Someone finally hears
the truth. It is then, Lord that the case has really been made. All then that is needed is the
conscious effort to change. You have allowed us that power. (The power basically to do what we ultimately want to.) You could have easily made that
a different scenario. There are pro's and con's I guess. Lord, wouldn't it have been easier to
deal with us? You, ultimately know what You are doing and why You created us
as You did.....I am what You made me to be, I hope. Is there something I should do differently?
Am I being the instrument for You I should be? I talk about this so often with You. I do not want
to fail. I am not quite yet to the last quarter of my life span.....I am willing, Father, to listen. I am saying this actually sort of scared You might hold me to this! I like things the way they are. I love
and enjoy my life. I have love. I have some possessions. I have food in the fridg for supper
tonight. I have You, Lord. What else do I need?
To continue to trust You in all my ways.....to lean on You whether or not I understand what
You are allowing.....to believe that IF I acknowlege You as my Lord, You will sustain me in all
that concerns me. To trust You. To obey You....even when I feel I am doing it (dragging my
feet alittle) reluctantly. I know that You are the ONLY hope we have. And, once again.....I
bring You my heart thoughts....the inner ones that I don't want to write "outloud"....and I beg
for You to answer them in Your way, in Your time. If You want to answer them in my lifetime,
then that would be nice.....but, Lord.....it is all up to You. I trust You.

I ask all I do....and think I want, in Your name and will. Amen, Lord. For now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on your post's and it was about 2 weeks before this post that Donna lost her job of 30 plus years, I told her to trust GOD he has never failed us. Now fast forward 6 months later she has what I consider a much better job and just the other day I reminded her to you remember 6 months ago when it seemed like your world was caving in and I told you to trust GOD he will provide. Provide in his time just trust and obey.

    ReplyDelete