My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, June 25, 2011

How Can I Be Holy? (I'm not sure!)

Okay, Lord.....once again I come to You. Five times I've started to write and five times it has
disappeared. I have wondered today what it means to have "Refiner's Fire" going through my
head. That song is so.....hard. It is my desire to be like You....to be holy....but Lord, I fall short
in so many ways. "Set apart for You Lord.....I choose to be holy.....but, to say it.....well, it does
seem impossible.....for us, as humans. We're so fallible. We're so imperfect. We fall. We get up.
We ask forgiveness. It is our job to maintain our relationship with You. I say "we". Lord, You
know I mean "I"...."me". Purifying my heart as You would purify gold or silver is easy to say
and sing. It's the purifying part that puts us to the floor. Of course, since I have been thinking
about those words today....I sort of wonder if something is coming. I am sorry to say that. But, You made me and I am thinking You understand me. That's why I write to You.

I felt depleted this week and out of gas sort of. I've felt like I've been shuffling through the days. Thank You that You let me rest a bit once in a while! I always feel guilty if I am not "in the game" ready at a moments notice to help someone in need. I'm glad though that I can
turn to You for the needs I have to take care of. The knowledge that if I commit my ways unto You.....knowing that tomorrow will take care of itself....You are the One in Control... I am grateful, Lord.

The bounty of blessings I have are so many. My Godly heritage is at the top of the list. My
loving parents. Siblings that love me. A husband that is following the call of God on his life.
My children. Their relationships with You. Their families and loved ones.....Lord, we are so
blessed by You.

Everytime I see a man or a woman .....especially a child....with sad eyes....(and Lord, I need to ask You to make sure this never changes).....I want to always carry a burden. Sometimes I can feel that spirit of apathy approaching me. I want it chased out as soon as possible. Too many need something. I have to admit, Lord....there's times I have no desire to stop what I am doing or smile or give a touch to someone that might need it. Help me to carefully discern what it is You need me to do.......and then, give me a shove......and strength.

I ask for Your divine blessings this week on my family as we gather in OBX for the annual vacay.
Only You can provide what we need. Discernment. Safety. Blessings. Favor. I ask dear One,
for those who are at home and could not join us......the very same . We need You, Lord to over-
whelm us with Your wisdom and abiding love.

Thank You for the blessing of the day. "Refiner's Fire. My heart's one desire....is to be holy....
set apart for You Lord....I choose to be holy.....in Your way .....for Your plan for me.

In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment