My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

TO GOD: All Glory, Honor and Power

Here I am again. I have this need to talk, Lord. Silently, yet loudly. On my knees, yet sitting on the couch. Prostrate, yet standing tall and arms and head raised. NO ONE in this arena of life I am in....can hear me like You can. I can talk about my angst.....my failures.....my worries; and I do. But, Lord....there is none like You. No one can touch my heart like You do. No one can do anything for me....like You can. No one in this world can love me as unconditionally as You can. And, how I need that! Not that I overtly sin and do and say things that disturb You. It's a human thing. And, Lord.....I know You understand that. For a good part of Your life.....You lived as we do. And, then of course, because I am who I am....wonder if You worried at all , how people looked at You.....did You? Did it concern You that people laughed at some of the miracles You claimed You would perform....? Especially after they watched as You did as You said You would. Lord, You know there are so many people that laugh at the thought that You could raise people to life....and not necessarily people that would have ever believed You could....You just did. I am more than likely not able to understand the magnaminous power that Your Father bestowed on You. And, so....I will not even expect an answer to my queries.....please, understand me, Lord. I just need to say what is in my heart. So often, I cannot even place words into a sentence to express the heart thoughts I have, to You. Out loud anyway. Somehow though, it comes out in my prayer thoughts to You. And, I bless You, Oh Lord.....for listening to me. My heart is so overwhelmed with the events of life You allow to come our way. Some so overpowering that it is impossible to understand how I lived through it. And, then there are other moments when I am so awestruck by Your power, I cannot speak. Intelligently, anyway! You are all You are "cracked up" to be. Inappropriate words to describe Your Majesty, Lord.....but so amazingly true. I am unable to understand how You love as You do. How You care for us so unconditionally, with our inability to do in kind....is a lesson I will forever be learning......forever striving for.....forever. But, I will Lord. I will be what You want me to be even if it kills me......because, that is my vow to You. I know I sound like a
child. You wouldn't know I've been a follower since I was a girl. Forever is as a day to You, Lord and I want to make sure I have done all I can....when I can.....as long as I can. To be used as Your servant is the only claim to fame I care to have. I can remember not too long ago, I was moaning to You about "being tired of being used and abused" for You. I regret being so mouthy and even saying it out-loud to You. Forgive my anxious heart. Allow, once again, Your spirit to so overwhelm me with Your power and glory so much that I am just silenced to the wonder of Your presence.
Thank You Father. Thank You for all You have done. Thank You for the power of Your Word. Thank You for the blessings. Thank You for the Breath of life. Thank You for my life.....my
hope.
All that I ask and praise You for....I ask all in the name and will of Jesus. Amen. And, amen again."

No comments:

Post a Comment