My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, July 9, 2011

"At the Cross, I Bow My Knee...."

Oh, Lord.....what do I need today? There really needs to be a little more give and take in this relationship.....doesn't there? And, unless You misunderstand.....I am talking about "my end". It seems Lord, that all I do is ask and receive....ask and receive....and then a little more asking and receiving. Yes, it is true....not everything I ask for is
at hand. And, even though I do say "Thank You, Lord!".....it isn't enough either, it seems. But, I do not know another way to please You more. I do pay attention to Your words and I need some added
information to attend to the expectations You have for me. I tend to pay close attention to what
others have written in response to what You have written for us. I wonder, Lord....if I should
concern myself less about what others discern from Your Word....and be a little more cognizant of what You have written that speaks to me directly. I know that the scriptures were written for and about the people who lived in the Biblical Era....but , Lord.....when I replace their
names with mine or ours.....so much makes so much sense that I realize that You really are intent on engaging me in Your precepts. I remember one time, while I was reading and studying for "Lord, Change Me" (by Evelyn Christenson), I saw something about changing...."a little here
and a little there", quoting from Your scriptural inspiration for us. I believe it was Isaiah. Yes,
here it is, Lord....Isaiah 28:13 ".....precept upon precept, line upon line...a little here , a little
there....". I love that , Lord.....because I knew that You were talking to me. I was trying to
change the different areas that You were showing me.....and I remember they (the areas You
wanted me to change) were coming fast and furious.....(while I was "reading 'til God speaks")....and I was getting "like" irked. When I read that portion, I realized that number 1, yes.....You wanted me to change some things. And I knew I wanted to obey You....BUT, there
are times when I NEED A PUSH. And then, number 2, Your way of doing that for me was to show me that little by
little, a push here and a shove there, I was being molded into the image that You always planned for me to be. I will not detour from that plan, Lord. I want You to forever push, nudge
and pick-ax me where I should be. I get lazy. I get so tired. I moan about people and why they
always seem to expect more than I feel I can give.....and then, maybe it's not that "people really
do expect more than I can give".....it might be ME that is assuming that. (Which ultimately is
more likely.) All I can do Lord is lay in Your hands all that concerns me today. My expectations.
My responsibilities. My decisions. My angst. You are in on all of it. I know that when I place
all of these worries and needs into Your hands.....You can deter the unimportant, inspire the decisions,
and , take care of the neediest of the needs. When I place all of this at the Cross, bowing my
knee in the process, I realize that there is no greater love than this....handing this to You and
giving You my blessing! In a fully dedicated and committed relationship to God....Your desire
and mine, should co-incide. This is where I am the most peaceful. And, this is where I want to
live and spend the rest of my days. So....go God! Do what is best for me and help me to never
want to take a side road to get there.
In all, dear One, I ask in Your name and will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment