My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Power of Your Blessings

Good morning, Lord. I seldom start out this way. But, right now, after little sleep and a mind full of sermons and devotionals (I've just read) , I see 4:43 AM and it's time to send You a note.
A week of rest and relaxation has slipped into the past. It was so nice to get away. Thank You for the respites that You provide. Sometimes planned....yet, not so bookended that we can't change our minds. Our family has lifted their own plans and tried to coincide their schedule's so
we can enjoy some time together. Lord, You have allowed us the privilege to be a family. Each
one of us has our own dynamic....breakfasts, lunches, suppertimes, bedtimes, snacks, activities....
all have a plan that works for them. Yet, somehow, you allow that plan to blend into a week of
doing what works as a group. For myself, Lord....I find that this particular week, I've lived on the SOS prayers that do not require much effort. Perhaps that is why I couldn't sleep last night.
I was having withdrawal symptoms....but, just in case You were wondering Lord....I am not weaning myself off the only thing that keeps me going. You are too good. You are constantly allowing me undeserved blessings. To see the hope of tomorrow and an eternity with You is the core of my very existence. Knowing I am loved and respected and cherished by my children is a gift I will forever be grateful for. I see bits and pieces of the things I tried to teach them leak out occasionally and it does make me proud. (In a good way, Lord!) Knowing that You are the ultimate leader that each of us should follow, I can see that the "bits and pieces" I see are only a drop in the bucket compared to the truths You have shown my children as they have grown up. I , nor can their father, teach everything that is to be learned. When they were little , we would pray and hope that our job as parents would be blessed by Your hand but we also knew that one day, our hands and hearts would be no longer useful for their spiritual teaching. You Lord, are the One who needs to teach us the facts of life that help us grow into instruments that You can use. The maturity of responsibility for your own actions is something that You teach so well, Lord. The ability to accept and rely on You for strength, when events that we cannot control, happen. The strength of Your righteous right hand lifting us when we are depleted, anxious, disappointed, heartbroken and misunderstood. The power of forgiveness that You provide when we do not want to (forgive) or feel we have any need to (forgive). Lord, those are the lessons a parent cannot teach. Well, a few of them....anyway. You are the great teacher. And, Your lessons are worthy of being learned. They make us happy Christians. Contented. Peaceful. And, Lord....each child of God, needs that peace. Thank You for the blessing of being a parent.
And, Lord....thank You that I have been able to see my children as Christian adults. Continue to teach them the lessons that they need to learn to be the representative of You that they need to be. They, in their own lives, will be the "only Jesus" some will ever see. They need to show
someone special, perhaps. I pray Lord, that You, will show them how. I am grateful, Lord....that You take on this job for us so we can be sure it is done right.....and then, for me, since You are not done with me yet.....continue to wake me up when the need arises. I have work to do for You . I want to know how to do what I need to do....effectively.
For the safety on the road, the needs I have for this day, the concerns of those we love that need Your healing touch.....I ask all in the name of Jesus. You , Lord....are the great physician, Lord of all and King of Kings. I praise You and thank You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment