My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, July 25, 2011

"Once again...At the cross, I bow my knee..."

What I really need to do is count the number of requests I have for You today, Lord. There are too many for me to deal with. I try. But, I can't do this. Yesterday, I had chosen a song for our congregation to sing. It's a new one. And, because of time and the tiresome heat issue....I decided to omit it. For today though, it's foremost in my thoughts. Listen, Lord! Here is my
prayer....."O Lord, You've searched me...You know my way....even when I fail You....I know You
love me.....Your holy presence....surrounding me...in every season....I know You love me. I know
You love me. At the cross I bow my knee....where Your blood was shed for me....there's no
greater love than this....You have overcome the grave....Your glory fills the highest place...what
can separate me now. You go before me....You shield my way. Your hand upholds me. I know
You love me.....". And, so it goes. It tells me, Lord, that You know my way. You know what is
up ahead for me to deal with. You know how I will manage each thing. I need You to shut down the issues that overwhelm me and smother me with worry. So often, my need to alleviate the
pressures on others tend to fall into the tentacles of the evil one and I find myself wrapped in the
net of suspicion and anxiety. Please Lord....take care of me and my need to get two steps ahead
of the questions that may arise. I always have had this need to show others I have a handle on
things....that I am "ready for action"....that I can .....that I can.....that I can.....ad nauseum. Lord,
You have searched me. You know my way....(mostly because You saw me being formed in my
Mother's womb.....) even when I fail You (and others,
because I am human)....I know You love me. And, so.....at Your cross I bow my knee, where
Your blood was shed for me....there is NO GREATER LOVE than this. That You care about the
issues that are ahead for me is enough for me. I will cling to this cross, Lord, believing that Your
love and understanding will calm the waters of my anxious mind. I tend to stir the storms that
arise with all of my "borrowing trouble". I suppose it is innate. I want to blame it on something.
Help me Father to be the warrior for You I should be. I always feel I need to be carrying a
weapon....just to ward off the impressions satan implants. Well, okay. I've got it. The Word of
God is as powerful as a double-edged sword.....isn't it, Lord? Then, let's begin using it. Lord,
You used it against the devil Yourself, didn't You? Yes, You did. And, I know that I am able to
call on the Word of God to access the same power. And, so....Lord, I invite You to overwhelm
me with Your words....giving me the confidence to walk into any area of sadness or contention and plead the blood of Jesus. O, Lord....You know me....and You still love me. What a wonderful
gift I have been given. Sweet peace....the gift of God's love. Thank You, dear One. I speak
the name of Jesus in all I ask, think and hope. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment