My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, August 22, 2011

Blessings: 47 Years Worth!

I will contend Lord....that I have no need to repeat or redo a letter I wrote to You last year on our anniversary.  No one could ever understand my thought process.  To even re-read what I wrote to You last year is a chapter I've never read in any book on picking a husband.  Thank You, Father.  I know that You chose this man I call husband.  He is as great today as he was last year.  You have blessed us.  The church that has employed us has chosen to bless us by giving us another 4 year call.  Honestly, Lord....I am blessed....but , I feel old some days.  Too old to keep trying to be sweet all the time.  Oops....that slipped out.  I wish it were easier.  I end a lot of my conversations on the telephone with that. " Be sweet, now!"  I think it's an important attribute.  Is that an attribute?  I don't know.  It is a good habit though. I want to keep that spirit alive.  All these past days, my birthday,  my husbands birthday, our anniversary....all of them point me to the year on the calendar.  I'm the same age my dad was when he died.  It's sobering to think that I am "that age" when people think...."Wow!  I can't believe you're that old!"  I just connected with my friend from college, Lord.  She is a knock-out!  And, she's my age....I'd like to know what happened to me.  I have been eating right.  (Okay, most of the time I eat right!  I told You I can't do this alone.  Okay, I know......it's not your fault.)  But, she told me I looked like Meryl Streep and I was beautiful.....shoot, Lord.....I don't want  to look like Meryl Streep.  I want to look like her!  Okay, I realize I'm just being silly.....but I have begun to feel a little old.  Could you please perk me up a little?  You are my rock and my salvation.....I should not fear what is ahead.  I want to live as an example for You.  Yes.  You are the Lord of us all.  Some are in better shape than others.  Some live in terrible surroundings.  Dangerous places.  Some are in need of medical help.  Some need a place to lay their head.  Some are wishing they were dead.  Lord.....in my life; I was able to enjoy a home with parents that loved me and taught me all of the principles of our faith that I know even today.....I have been able to enjoy the love and admiration of one man that You placed in my life.  He had to overdo his display of affection for me with cards and gifts .... just to get my attention....but, I am blessed because of that.  Our children and their families are such special blessings to us.  You give.  You love.  You forgive.  You allow us to have what we want even when it is not in our best interest.....especially when we demand.   You also hold us and love us  when we realize you were right and we should have deferred to You.  Lord Jesus.....my life is in You.  My hope is in You.  My heart may fail me....but You, Lord.....are all I need.  And, You will make all things well.  Thank You Father, I defer to You, always.  I know better.  (Atleast I do today!)  Help me Lord....You see what is ahead.  Give me Your wisdom.  You know how I will behave.  Stop me from making any mistake that will ruin Your plan for me.  (Lord, I've found myself dusting myself off after I have fallen  on my face.)  You know how to stop me better than anyone I know.  I can forget what key I'm playing in before I go to the next verse.  Or, looking for a ......word.  Just one word can elude me.....and I will forget the whole thought.  Yeah....Lord!  It's embarrassing....but , You know how to stop me and that is exactly what I need for You to do.  Hopefully, I will be wiser as I call on You. I consistently need Your presence to overwhelm my spirit.  For today Lord.....and as I write I see that is isn't August 22nd anymore.  It is the day after my anniversary now.  Thank You Father....for another year to enjoy our life together.  You have provided me with Your favor, I believe.  In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.

See Archive: August 22, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you two special people who have been in my life for these many years since the late 60's! May God continue to shower you both with His blessings of His Love!

    Love,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, you are blessed and you are a beautiful person inside and out. You and dad are so fortunate to have been given these many years together and I pray for many more for you both. Health, happiness and love....Here's to you!

    ReplyDelete