My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Peace in The Midst of a Storm? PRAY!

" 'Til the Storm Passes By"......that's what the song says Lord!  And, except for the residue left from the blowing, howling wind....and flooded areas around us.....we are safe.  Thank you for watching over us. Thank you for the power of Your mighty hand, lifting us up and keeping us out of danger, and then letting us down when its safe again.  I read the devotional readings I have at my hand.....and some just do not sink in.  It is unreal to me how the scriptures we read affect our emotional and spiritual selves so very differently.  What  I see and what speaks to me is often so different from what others understand.  And, Lord.....I find that so often I defer to what someone else sees  in a scripture......often believing that what I saw in it  "must be wrong".  At this age  I need to have more sense.  Lord....You have got to show me what You want me to see.....and then, help me to hold fast to what I think, too.  Lord, I am always wishing I was like someone else.  Why do I do that?  Why do I feel that way?  I always try to "fix" that and make statements that require someones attention.....and then the "second-guessing" begins until I have practically   lost complete sight of what I thought You wanted me to know  in the first place.  I wonder what kind of man Oswald Chambers was.  What kind of personality did he have?  Did he have to ask everyone elses opinion?   Sometimes I feel  he was so heavenly minded he was way above what any of us could understand......and yet.....and even today I read his words and see exactly what he was trying to say....and believe it too!  And, Lord if what he said in today's devotional is true for the mass then it does surprise me and I am glad I am not in that number that waits and waits before they ask for Your help.   I believe in Your words.  When you express in Your word that it is vital to ask and receive....I, (eventhough I hesitate at times) do ask You to lift me.....or fill me......or help me....or give me wisdom.....or change my heart.  No one can ever do for us what You can do.  Thankfully, as he expressed in his writing, I do not wait until I am at my wit's end.  I have.  I admit that.  But, mostly, I don't.  I need you and quite freely  admit that I want You to know I will forevermore ask You to give me wisdom.  I could care less that I would appear as a child.  I know that is where You can really meet me.  So often it feels necessary to "have all my ducks in a row" before I come and talk to You so I don't appear so needy....I have learned that YOU DO NOT NEED MY HELP.  Lord, that is wonderful.  Who do I think I am anyway?   You are God.  You do not need my piddly offerings of ideas to fix things!  I cannot believe I actually try that with You.  But, there are times that I do and I praise You and thank You for kindly not screaming at me to "shut it".  The barrage You often hear must be like a whiney calf or a dripping faucet.  Lord,  I will work on that.  I do not think I am alone. I think there are quite a few of us that think  You have it wrong .  Really, Lord.....I hesitate to admit it.  But, I do.  And, then, of course, I look up...."  ....at whence cometh my help....." and know that You do all things well.....and I finally defer to Your wisdom.  When You can allow me to have that peace and choose to give it to me.....I can relax and finally believe that I have that peace that passes all understanding. Explaining that to someone is next to impossible.  No one can "get it" unless they have experienced it.  It  is wonderfully amazing.  Thank You, Lord.....for the peace we can have in the midst of a storm.  I love living for You.  I praise You today and bless Your name.  I ask all in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment