My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, September 16, 2011

Thank You Lord for the power of Your word to us.  Thank You for giving us examples to follow....and not to follow.  Sometimes I can see the worst case scenario before I see the best case.  I suppose it is my melancholy/phlegmatic personality.....and I often wish I didn't  have to work so hard to see the  best.  It is tiring.  I realize too, that it is such a playground for the devil.  I need only one negative statement...and off I go to create this screenplay for my life.  I think You created me to be a little more responsible.  The scriptures I encountered today in my devotional were exactly what I needed to see.  As usual Lord....I see what You have written down for me to trust in...and fail to apply where it is needed.  I can think..."whatever is true.....and noble....and right....and pure....and lovely....and admirable....and excellent....or praiseworthy.....THINK ON THESE THINGS!"...and just move on to another verse without really trying to change my thought process.   So, in Your opinion, Lord....do I?  Yeah, I know.  That is what I thought You would say.  Why does it take such effort?  So, Lord.....how do I ...."....let the Spirit renew my thoughts and attitudes. "  I think it's more than putting on a "new nature, created to be like God...truly righteous and holy."  Isn't it? 
Then, of course I think......"Well, if God didn't mean for me to live in such a victorious manner....why would He give me all this information?"  I feel like such a froot-loop , Lord.  I wish I could act my age.  I wish I could be this icon of virtue I'd like to be. Okay, that is a bit dramatic.   I want to do Your will, though.   I'd like to do things that point observers of my behavior to You....with no agenda....or question.  I would appreciate knowing that when I talk to You, You are not sick and tired of listening to the same thing.. You have shown me,  Lord.  Really.  Over and over. (  I recently found an old diary of mom's.  As I perused through the pages....I saw .....Monday:  I have a headache today and had to go to......!  Tuesday:  I have a headache again and had to....!  Wednesday:   I have a headache again and had to .....! )  Do I play the same tape over and over to You?    Lord, even though I perceive myself to be a headache to You , I maintain that You,  without doubt. accept  my flawed thinking and point me to the power of  Your holy Spirit.  It is with a grateful heart I will determine to think of how You responded to satan in the moments You were ever weak.  I know beyond any doubt that You claimed Your Father's name and to all the naysayers,  claimed victory in that name.  The blood shed at Calvary was the price.  Your death on the cross was the bill paid in full.  And, for us who watch for Your coming, the resurrection was the gift handed to us freely.  When You have done the work, paid for the parts and labor....why can't I accept the fact that the gift is mine.  That victory is mine.  What is that song title...."God said it, I Believe It....and that Settles IT For ME!" ?  That Lord, is my song today.  And, to confirm it....I will go look it up....play and sing it after I finish this letter.  Lord, it amazes me how childlike I find myself to  be.  Is it because Your plan for us is supposed to be simple enough for a child to understand?  And, because we are grown up....we think we have to put this religious spin on everything to appear God-anointed.  Lord, help me to grow into the icon of spiritual-ness that You want ME to be. ( Is it  possible, Lord? )  You know who I minister to....who listens to me....who watches my behavior.  All of that.  And, Lord....my hope is to always point to You.  To always look to You....because I know that is where my solace is.  And, mostly to obey Your calling to me....even when I don't want to.  Going.  Doing.  Being.  Listening.  Not talking....just listening.  Your plan.  Your way.  Your time.   Do I make any sense to You today?
Okay....I won't worry about that.  You!  You are God.  You are all I'm living for!  I am speaking today to You .....asking for Your will to be realized in my life.....and I pray all in the name of Jesus.  Lord....help me remember what I just prayed. Sometimes, Lord....I berate myself for the words I use to express my heart thoughts.....or even for the thoughts I think.  Help me to forever realize that You love ME.   Help me to learn Your wisdom for this day.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. And please....never forget that I love you too!!! Hugs!

    Always pushing on toward the finish line of eternal value and reward, even while (and as) we are in the refinishing/repair process!

    Love,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete