My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, September 24, 2011

What am supposed to do, Lord?  How do I help in situations I have no control over?  What do I suggest?
Questions upon questions....complaint after complaint.....sorrow upon sorrow.  There seems to be less answers than ever, Lord.  And, when I am asked.....or just told about areas of concern in the lives of others I care about....why do I feel I must fix everything?  Lord, I know it's natural for me to want to say the right thing....and have the answer for any question. (Or, maybe its  just an ego thing...and that's not very spiritual, is it? )  But, You know I can't feasibly do this.  I do have bits and pieces of Your wisdom and a portion of the mind of Christ (the scripture says this and I'm just sayin' it to remind You, okay? )   but sometimes  I seem to draw a complete blank when confronted with the dissension others face.  Lord, I can say things like, "I will pray that God gives you His wisdom ".........but, is there more I can do?  Lord, if there is, I am willing.  Well....I think I am willing.  This is so hard to do, Father.
 When we are little children we go to our parent to find the nurturing we need.  That kiss to make everything better doesn't have a magic cure....it just provides the touch that we as humans often need to feel sustained....and loved.  How do we do this for adults?  How do we show that sustenance that so often is needed....not necessarily wanted? I know my instant reaction is to say something profound.
You know, Lord.  Those statements that make people stop and realize that all is not lost and that there is hope for them.  I guess that is where I make a mistake.  I do know that it is just as important to be quiet many times and just listen.  It isn't always necessary to compare situations and go off on a tangent telling "our story" and "how we handled things".
Show me Lord.  Show me where my place is in those times.  I want to be Your instrument.....and even though I would like to be, I don't have to be the "first chair instrument"!  You know what I mean?  I thank You,  Lord,  that today, even though cloudy,  looks better than yesterday. There's just enough "SON" shining to make things hopeful.   I just thought about that scripture where you give us the reminder that "while we are still speaking.....the answer is on the way" (my version).  I love that , Lord.  It shows me how much You love me and care about what concerns me in my world.  It shows me too, that You will give us the strength we need WHEN we need it.  Not before.  Breathing a prayer when I am listening to someone speak is a good thing to do.  It is then that I should not be afraid to speak IF and WHEN You deem necessary.  It is also easier to speak when I am secure in knowing You are supplying the words.  I have no interest in being "top dog". Really.   All I wish for ....and pray for .....is Your divine intervention in those times.  Today, Lord....is all Yours.  Your plan.  Your way.  Your time.  And, in Your name I pray.  Amen

1 comment:

  1. Again, my love to you and appreciation for your continuing faithfulness to God!

    Sally Sheets

    ReplyDelete