My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, September 1, 2012

"The 'Holding Tight.....Letting Go' Scenario"

How do You feel about letting us go, Lord?  Do You think....."Well, I think I've held you long enough.....I believe I'll see how you do walking alone".......and then, you let us go?  Do You ?  Or, do You sense our anticipation of seeing the wonders of life ahead and hold us a little longer?  Do You place us on our own with concern that our wobbly legs (not used to holding us up) will meander off-kilter a bit to an unknown road than You originally meant for us to go?  What are the worries that You have for Your child. Us.  ( Me, specifically.)   Sometimes a bit too stubborn and willful.....yearning to be independent, yet still wanting a hand to steady me.  Lord, as I peruse the corners of my heart and mind.....I entertain the fact that so much of our lives, are filled with the "holding tight and letting go" scenario.  I watched, with reluctance, the separation of a Mother and daughter this week.  The "letting go" part was  a little torturous....for the Mother.  My girl. ( I remember praying as all of the departures of my children were imminent.  I had prayed about the various scenarios for several years.....not wanting to be the mother being dragged by holding too tight to the leg that was walking out the door .....yelling, "Pleeasee, don't go".)  Lord, You were there holding me and mine as we saw that part of our relationship go into the photo albums.
The best place for me to always go when I am bereft......and have no words......is to run to You.  I'm glad You don't have to worry about hernia's , Lord, because   I feel as if You pick me up, spin me around and say....."It's okay.  It's going to be okay!"  Honestly, though.....I prefer just resting my head against your heart.....knowing that "All is well."  The most wonderful part of that to me.....is, when I come, sad or content,  all things are well......because You are in control.  Okay....yes.  I have to admit when there have been places in my life that I wondered who in the world was running things....I was mad, sad, dejected, unable to breathe......yet, still.....I knew You watched me carefully.  You led me to the right people to comfort me......You showed me areas of strength and growth in the Word.....You gave me new life in future plans I hadn't thought of before.  And, You do that because of the love You have for us.  And, another thing You do for me, is show me areas of concern to You.  Areas of my life that I have avoided doing anything about for years.  Areas that need fixing.
I rest in knowing that You are watching my life.  You are merciful.....and gracious.  You are ahead of us, watching out for the issues that COULD mow us down.....You are deciding what can grow us into the best image of You we could ever be.
Thank You, dear One......thank You for having any confidence in me at all.
I ask and breathe each prayer in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

Today, Lord.....I lean on a verse that just breathes Your love to me.  From Psalm 139, in verses 5 and 6......"I look behind me and then, up ahead.... You're there, too--Your reassuring presence, coming and going.  This is too much....too wonderful.....I can't take it all in!
Thank You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment