My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, April 16, 2010

Be still. Just be still.

I remember Lord, when you and I went through the labor and delivery of my youngest daughter. On this particular day, 30some years ago, I thought perhaps my life as I knew it, would never be the same. My nerves were shot after 10 months of pregnancy. I'll just bet noone believes that could be true, but you and I know it is. I remember sitting on the gurney, waiting to have this child. I remember thinking Lord, "I want to go home now". And that, was the only humorous thing I can recall.It was such a hard pregnancy. I knew ,positively , that my baby would not be normal. There were no tests taken although there were some warnings from the Doctor throughout the pregnancy. The
awful thoughts cramming my brain, in a constant barrage of varied scenario's were about to suck the rest of my sanity to another place............until.......I heard an audible voice in the room, sort of yelling at me. I heard, "WILL YOU BE QUIET!" . "WILL YOU JUST BE QUIET". (I'm not sure. You might have said, "shut up!"). All I know is, You got my attention to where I remembered the verse in the Psalms that says, "Be still and know that I am God". It calmed me, Lord. I knew You were there. Why I ever doubted that I do not know....but I did. You immediately placed me into your arms and I rested and relaxed so completely I do not remember any pain or discomfort in delivering my fourth daughter. She was a beautiful, HEALTHY, 9lb.2oz. baby. She was and is a joy to my husband and myself and to our family, her husband and little daughter. " Lord, You are good and Your mercy endureth forever...Lord, You are good and Your mercy endureth forever." ThankYou for Your loving kindness. Your mercy. Your patience with an unruly child at times....yet, lovingly You reach out to give me the touch that I need....and, You always know what I need. Give me the energy I need today. I'd
really love to accomplish something.....and whether it is here in my home or lifting someone else to You, my time is Yours. Now and forever. The needs of our family is ever before You to do with what You will. What we need is to accept what You feel is best for me and us as a family. Our love for You will never waver. PLEASE Lord, don't ever let it waver. I love You, Lord....and I lift my soul, to worship You and YOU alone. In Your name I pray this prayer. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that beautiful baby girl...she still is a beauty, as are all your girls. They must take after their older cousins! (I'm laughing as I write)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome Pastor's wife and are such an encouragement and an example to me. You are in my heart forever. I know the Lord is going to continue to use you to minister and love others in their journey with the Lord. Thanks for following the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every post I read is like a ringing bell in my heart! I have felt from the first time I met you that the Lord had a relationship waiting to blossom, and each blog I read is confirmation! We have had similar experiences with similar prayers..............I thank God for you and your obedience to His call. In your courage, may others find the strength to live their lives as God has intended.

    ReplyDelete