My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Introduction to "My Letters To God"

My letters to God came about by my need to communicate with Him on a regular basis. I
need, as a Christian , a wife and a mother notwithstanding, to pray every day. As a
young mother, I found myself almost continually interrupted by my two little girls
for necessary and legitimate reasons. You and I both know that Satan uses every trick
in the book to keep us from communing with God and I felt that he was definately get-
ting the upper hand.....so, out of desperation, one day I grabbed a sheet of paper or
a notebook of some sort and started scribbling out a prayer for God to come and res-
cue me. I needed to talk to Him and I felt it was my only recourse. Invariably, when
I was interrupted I hardly ever went back to my devotion time. I'd forget where I was
in my prayer and it all seemed futile....after all, the wash had to be done, the beds
had to be made, baths needed to be taken care of.... Etcettera. Etcettera. Etcettera.
After the first attempt, I tried it again and again until this wonderful habit was
formed for me. I could stop mid-sentence and usually go back and pick up where I left
off. As I found my time with God lengthening, because of my determination to do this,
it ended up being my solace....even with the addition of three more children as the
years went by. Often I found that it was truly a wonderful thing when I would take
the time to search for a word that described how I felt. Many times in my prayertime
I would find myself thinking..."I don't know...... Lord , you know what I mean!", never really expressing myself honestly. Sometimes I found that I was "a whole lot
meaner" than He would be pleased with....or , things were really not as bad as I be-
lieved them to be.
Writing to God has followed me into the years that many would consider "older age".
It doesn't matter to me. As long as I can hold a pen, and write Him my heart thoughts, the "mind stealers" will not deter me. I am determined to be God's instru-
ment......I will blow my horn for Him as long as He gives me breath! As I share my
letters with you, past and present, may you find in Him the solace that each of us need. This is my prayer.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! It is through our determination to seek Him that we are victorious. There are little foxes that spoil the vine........as you said "mind stealers".

    Thank you for sharing your method to successfully seek His face. May God bless your witness and bless those who are touched by it.

    All my love - RHolt

    ReplyDelete