My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time for You, Lord!

Lord, today is one of those days when I absolutely should have talked to You before I began the day. Too many times, in days past and even now (you'd think I would learn), that I go through days where I breathe sos prayers all day long. SOS prayers
are okay for minute to minute needs, but Lord, it's not enough. Not for someone who
needs You like I do. It is in You I place my hope(s). Every one of them. It is in You I place my dependence on Your will for my life and the lives of my family. Your will Lord, is the desire of my heart. Everytime when I remember my "sit-down" time with You has been lagging, I feel like a delinquent. Lord, I've told You many times that I'd love for You to give me a jolt, or a kick in the pants when I skip through my day just asking for little bits and pieces of You. I guess maybe the gnawing feeling I have is You requesting a little more of my time. I've said it before and
John laughed at me, but it's so true. To have a quality relationship with You-to get
through the terrible situations that life throws at us at times....I need more than
five minutes on the toilet in the morning with "THE DAILY BREAD". Is that the worst
thing I could say or not? But, I mean it Lord. I am determined. And, I have encountered
some hard places. Places where I knew You had appointed and stationed people to espe-
cially pray for me. You are true to Your Word when You say You will "put Your angels in charge over you"......and "I will never leave thee or forsake thee".
My desire is: to be like Jesus. To do this I will re-evaluate my goals, my dreams, my hopes.....therein finding the sweet will of God. Hold me close Lord. Please, don't
let me slip out of Your grip. "I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR". Thank You Lord for the love
and continual blessing of Your presence in my life. Amen and Amen

3 comments:

  1. I laughed at one point...where do you think that might be??? I love what you write! I also think the picture you added at the top is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know, we all do it. But not all of us will admit it.....behind the bathroom door is where most of us have our moments with Him. Locked away from the intrusion of the world - amid screams of "MOOOMMYYYYYYY! WHERE ARE YOU?" and "I NEED TO GO POTTY!!" just as your fanny hits the seat!! LOL It surely does take more than the 5 minutes you get in the midst of the chaos to nurture a healthy and enriching relationship with the Father. I wonder.......if more people considered it a priority relationship to invest in, how much more would they seek His company?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think many are guilty of SOS prayers and not spending the quality time that we need daily with GOD.

    ReplyDelete