My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Leaning on You....trying to understand!

Lord, why do we have to lose those who are faithful, loving, patient and kind. The ones who pose no threat to our spirituality. Who only are the encouragers and lovers of life. They roll with the kind of punches in life that can put one to their knees.....why do You need them? I really
think it's an extra burden on us when we lose someone in our lives that has all of
those qualities. An analyzation of this shows me we should not make it a habit to depend on these people for the various needs we all have. I often found myself moving to his side of the foyer, or church pews after church just
to be near him....hearing his kind words, his neverending praise, his love for YOU,
Lord. And now, he leaves a precious wife who will forever miss his loving words and
his comforting presence. My heart aches for her because she has to carry on without
him. Lord, give her the strength she needs to go through the days that are ahead. A
few days will be filled with funeral arrangements. Filing all the paperwork that tells the world her husband has died. The newspaper, government agencies... that have to
be notified....waiting for the death certificates so she can prove to all of these
agencies that he is really gone. All of this has to be done. It all just confirms the fact that tonight when she goes home, she'll be cooking for one. She'll have the
remote in her hand. She can go to bed early if she wants to. She'll have to make sure
the dogs have been taken out.....and the doors are locked. Every thing will remind
her, Lord, that her life with him is over. No one will ever take his place. No one
will ever love her like he did.....so I ask Lord, that You will be the soft place for
her to fall. That You will fill the empty place in her heart with Your love, Your
grace and Your strength. Bathe her in the quietness of Your presence and soothe her
with the balm of Gilead.....so she will not fear what is ahead, but will trust in You
alone to give her Your peace. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen. I'll talk to
You soon about what I think I need today. I praise You for the comfort of Your arms.
I know You do all things well....that Your will for us should never be questioned. I
know it.... but I still do it. Lord, don't ever leave me or forsake me. I need You.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to someone special in your life...I hope someday when I am gone someone will feel that way about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God calls His Beloved home to Him. In as much as we love, He loves more. And now, out of this trial will grow a deeper relationship with Him. A greater closeness to Him, and a new season of life. We thank the Lord for one like him. And in our helplessness, weep for his widow and ourselves. Our loss is only temporary. And his witness will lead others to the eternal life he now enjoys forever in the arms of Christ.

    God send the Comforter to comfort his family - both blood and church. Help us continue to fight the good fight knowing that one day we will be reunited in Heaven. In Jesus name, AMEN!

    ReplyDelete