My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Believing .....Really Believing.

Here I am again, Lord. I spoke to You this morning about the needs that seem to be
concerning us....I expect that as I cross this one and that one off the list as each
need is settled....I just keep adding things for You to work on for me or help me
with, You will be there. Each time I come to you I know that You do all things well. Even the parts of our lives that I've made a mess of. I am filled with thankfulness for all you allow. And, I say that with trepidation. The thankfulness I feel does come from my heart but I have to admit to you that I do not understand the weaving You do, in and out of my life, to make my will coincide with Your will. I do not see how or why some things happen, and how in the world I could possibly be "thankful in all things". But, I say to You, Lord, that I will obey Your word with You helping me. On my own, forget it! I cannot. I don't even want to. Sometimes the tears flow. Sometimes irrefutable words are spoken. Sometimes we are crushed beyond any measure that we thought we could bear. And then, finally, when I am at the end of my flailing....there You are. Just patiently waiting to enfold me and give me the rest I need for my weary heart. Being thankful in all things is what we are commanded to do....and I know I can do it.(I just don't want to all the time). I
ask that You would help me do it. I feel like the man in Mark 9:24 who exclaimed to
Jesus...."I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief."
Lord, I know You understand me...and as much as You love me, I know You will do this
for me too.
Sometimes I wonder what's laying in wait for me. Can I get through it? Will I make it? I will believe that when I need Your grace to strenthen me and lift me, it will
be there....and there will be no doubt in my mind where that fortitude came from.
I ask Lord, as I go through this day, that I will be a blessing to those I see. Your
instrument if You please. In Jesus name, Amen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment