My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Speak To Me...(inside voice please)

As I sit here, determined to accomplish something today, Lord.....I feel sort of for
lorn...maybe even forgotten. And you, up to your ears in prayers that need answering look at me and.....well, I hate to think what you think. I find myself way too often
moaning about my plight. For pete's sake, I have nothing to bemoan. I am treasured.
Loved. Respected. What else? More than I deserve, that's for sure. I remember a few
times when I looked up into the heavens and said...."DID YOU FORGET I WAS HERE?" Oh
Lord, I should be ashamed when so many are dying or suffering in some way. Yet, here
I am, trying to figure out how to change my thinking. Lord, You are the hiding place
I need when I feel like this. Everyone thinks it's best to get out of the house....do
something for someone....make a difference. And, I continue to wait for you to lift
me up, feed me, encourage me, take me to a higher level of understanding Your word. I
know something else too. I know that anyone seeing our conversation knows exactly how to fix me....and a good kick in the pants is the starting point. Lord, would
you do for me what I seem to be unable to do for myself....and, (I do not even have a
suggestion of what that might be) give me an idea of how to move forward. I just read
recently, a verse from Isaiah that proves to me You care. The one from Chapter 30, and verse 21. It says...(and I know I don't have to tell You)...but, I like to say the words. "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk ye in it'. So,I will be listening Lord. I need to hear You speak to me....giving me a brighter hope. Casting all my cares on You, Lord, is what I do best. I honor You for the fact that I know You listen and never weary of hearing me drone on and on. I honor You because You loved me before I ever knew You were there. I love You Lord. I speak of all of these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment