My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Casting my Cares on You, Lord

Lord, what is it that I could do for you? I am always asking and/or pleading for you
to rescue me and mine from anything satan might do to trip us up. His goal is to
force us to question what YOU are doing. Right now as I say these words to You, I
realize that because You have not answered "yes" to any of my requests, I tend to be
frustrated and "put-out" with You. Yes, dare I even put the words on paper? I might
as well. You know my heart, my thought process, my desire to see my prayers fulfilled
and realized. So, then....because I have not seen the result I ask for I wonder if
I have not done enough to prove to You that I sincerely love You and the power of the
cross. Is there an area I have not committed to You? Is there? I say to You that I
will, with all of my being, never walk away from the relationship I have with You.
I will fulfill my commitment to Your calling for me as long as You give me life. My
heart will always sing Your praises. My tongue will always speak of the promises You
have so generously given in Your words. "I will never leave you or forsake you"....is
one. There have been times I have questioned You about this one...but I don't have to understand it all. I honestly do not believe I have the brainpower to take all of the intricasies in. For now, I will enlist Jeremiah 29:11 to prove I believe. "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you...not to harm you....plans to give you hope and a future". "Lord, I cast all my cares upon You. I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet. And, everytime I don't know what to do....I cast all my cares upon You." (the writer of these chorus lyrics knew this kind of defeat). I do, Lord. I cast my cares on You because I know that You know the content of my heart. What is it I can do for You? My concerns are at Your feet. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. When I read this my mind goes back to many years ago sitting in youth group I believe this is a message you tried to beat into our heads one night. I can just picture this in my mind like it was yesterday. It's a crazy feeling, but I like it. The words ring so true.

    ReplyDelete