My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dealing with Disappointments!

Lord, sometimes I find myself so disappointed. I've thought about this alot this week. Throughout my life, I've encountered more than one time. I remember Lord, when I sent the package to my girls for Easter. They were away from home then and I wanted to make sure they knew I was thinking of them. They never got to open the box and be as excited as I was as I packed it. The little yellow marshmallow peeps, the various items I placed in carefully to make it special....it all was spoiled for me because of miscommunication (it takes too long to explain it all). And, that's just a dumb one, Lord. I could make a list for you but I am pretty sure You know exactly where and when and what pained me. I usually bounce back pretty quickly from these times. I'm thankful for that. I just wonder if I expect too much. Lord, I know the reality of life is so different for all of us. Our expectations, our desires, our needs all require a delicate balance of the timing, planning and the execution of our life moments. When they are not in sync with each other and the prayers of a fervent heart coincide...I find disappointment reigning over me. Lord, I will make a point of trying very hard to not be a disappointment to others....and You absolutely know I've tried and tried and never seem to stack up to the expectations of others at times. I find that though this is the give and take of life, it is often exhausting to do.
Actually Lord, I think I will spend a little more of my time in doing my best to not
disappoint you. Everytime I am disappointed, I think of a tear in Your eye because I
have not kept up my end of a "bargain" I made with You. I want to, as Your child, not
have You sorrowful in how I have served You.
As I swallow hard and go on pretending I'm not disappointed when I really am, I ask
that You would help me "act as if" (it's all okay) and then You need to help me really mean it. I really think Lord, that if I know I can depend on You to do that for me, I'll be a better Christian for it. Help me Father to be the light for You
that You expect me to be. (I ask You that nearly all the time, don't I? ) Do I please You in my behavior? Am I being the "Jesus" some need to see? Boy, do I sound righteous or what?
Please, Lord. I don't mean to sound that way. I just do not want ANYTHING to keep me
out of the light of your approval.
I ask Lord, in the name of Jesus all of this....and place my pleas at the foot of the
cross. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I get to be first this time.......there is no righteousness in pleading with the Lord to do His will. You are right in asking if you have served Him well. How else will you know if you are walking the path He has set for you?

    Be of good heart. Even if you never get confirmation, keep the prayer on your lips and in your heart - Lord let me be a witness for Your glory today and let it be You and not me that they see. In Jesus name - Amen.

    Each one of us has a job in any given situation. God sends one to plant a seed, another to water, and yet another to harvest. We may never know what impact we have had on a life. But we do know what is in our heart, and how we conduct ourselves. If we stumble, we get up. That's what sets us apart. We get back up again, because we know we are forgiven if we are truly repentant. In our weakness, others will see God's glory revealed.

    ReplyDelete