My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, May 21, 2010

Request Permission to Speak

Lord, as I looked at the caller ID when the phone rang last night, I sort of knew
what was coming. And, to be honest, I dreaded admitting I was at home. And, You know
why, Lord? Because I did not have one good answer for anything I was about to hear. And, as I listened, my heart ached because I DIDN'T have one. Lord....when I've said all I can say (spiritually speaking) and it falls on deaf ears.....do I keep saying it? Over and over again? I know it's important to listen...not only with my
ears but my heart too....and I think I do, but I sure wish I could be a better problem solver. I guess though, Lord, since You are aware of my shortcomings, and You
impressed them to call me....You already knew that all I could do was to listen. The
few things I did say, I hope and I pray, were words that You may have used too. Some
times the verbal pat's-on-the-back we speak are what people need. I know that when
someone who has served You in the past and falls out of fellowship with You....I know
they are aware, usually, that they are in need of YOU fulfilling the needs they have.
Should I keep haranguing? Should I? I don't want to let You down but I don't see that
being a pain in the neck is helpful either. Give me wisdom Lord. Especially for the
next call. I want to be the instrument for You I need to be. I want to beat the life
out of a drum for You or play a pretty tune for You on the flute. Whatever. I want to
be the emissary for You that I need to be. I will cleave to Your word in Isaiah 65:24..."Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." That is exactly what I need to lean on today....for our own personal needs too. They are the same as they were yesterday....except for the fact that You've been alerted .Now we will wait and see how You will work out everything according to Your will and Your
plan. I have prayed and continue to pray in the name of Jesus, dear Lord. Amen.

1 comment: