My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Call to Obedience

I was wondering Lord....if there was anything I could do about this broken bond in my
life. It tends to creep it's way to the forefront of my mind so often. I remember the scripture. I remember the minute I read it. I knew You expected me to do something. I believe the scripture said something about "all that had been hidden in the dark would be brought to light". I dreaded it but I felt I had no choice. And Lord, when I did do what I believed to be the best solution....nothing has ever
been the same. Lord, I was thinking again, "Have I done my best for You, even if I
don't care for the result?" I wish I didn't feel so grieved in my soul.
I've asked this question before....in fact several times. I truly believe
Lord, that the job of satan is to confuse me and to make me doubt in the dark what
I believe You showed me in the light. He always comes and tries to make me think I
can fix something that I have no control over. Lord, I know how to get him away from
me....and I wonder why I don't take care of him sooner. You have given me the power
through Jesus Christ, just by speaking the name of Jesus. Lord, forgive my failure
to call on You sooner to just save me from all my fears and disillusionment's. You
are my strong tower. You are the place I can go to hide when I feel the need to...
and what I like the best is that as many times as I ask You to save me....You do and
You never make me feel that I am a lost cause. Lord, I believe that when You ask us
to be Your instrument, it is not always a pleasant song that You ask us to play. I
think my job in being Your servant is to obey what You are nudging me to do. I also
admit to You that I know I push You to Your absolute limit when I wait and wait and
wait until I am absolutely sure You are the one suggesting. But Lord, I feel that
to charge in like a bull in a china shop is not Your way. I praise You Lord, that You are patient to a fault....and that Your love is what allows me to keep going. I ask Your continued patience in guiding and guarding my heart thoughts....keeping me in Your blessed will. I praise You Lord. I love You Lord. I pray and relax in my
spirit because I ask in the name of Jesus and Your divine will for me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read this at the best possible moment...yes, I need to call on Jesus' name too...especially when I know myself victimized by the evil one or his evildoers, and also when I am haunted by the dark shadows of what I feel are my own failures. Great post AC!

    ReplyDelete