My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

O, To Be Like You.....

Lord, help me pray. I know I should be praying more than sos prayers....You always
give me such special attention. I never.....well, almost never, think that You aren't giving me what I want.....or need. So often, when I am almost worry free, I tend to lean on the minute to minute prayers that show me Your wisdom in the day to day.
But, Lord....I need the discipline to do what I know I should. Oftentimes, that
particular issue is troublesome to me. I am sure satan notices and pushes it into
my face every chance he gets. "If you were a REAL christian you wouldn't be so lazy
in your prayer life".......is an example of what he does. He lies. He distorts. He
has only evil intentions. The deceit he practices makes me crazy sometimes. Trying
to discern his will and God's will scare me at times because he(satan) gets as close
to that invisible line as he can get. Lord, I just prayed that You would help me to
speak the name of Jesus to get him to leave me alone. The persistence that he exhibits is almost a positive quality if he weren't satan.....so I can see I have to
be MORE PERSISTENT than he is. It's scary to even talk about him, Lord...he is to be avoided at all cost. It must have been so hard for you to be plagued by him at different times in your life here on earth. Of course, he couldn't touch You, but it never stopped him in harassing You in some of Your weakest hours. Lord, You are the One I can turn to. You are the One I love. Would You help me be willing to do as You command. If I truly love You and Your ways.....I should have no difficulty in my spiritual growth. To be Your servant....to live so You are pleased with my talk and walk.....is my desire. To be like You....is what I pray in the name and
will of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is a prayer any Christian could and should be praying. The evil satan is a constant intruder into our lives and our only hope is to do just as you say. Pray for protection and strength from our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.
    Great message today!

    ReplyDelete