My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blessing After Blessing.......

Father in Heaven....today I woke up thinking about how thankful I am for sleep. You
know, the restful kind of sleep where you awaken with a sense of God all around you
and wondering what treasures await you today. I have to say Lord...I am blessed with
treasures that overwhelm me. To be aware of the blessings that abound in my life is
all important to me. I love the fact that I am able to see You in my mind's eye...
and can , in a sense, feel the touch of Your presence....guiding me, and sometimes
pushing me to the fullness of all the love You have for me. I can see the blessings.
Everywhere I look. Whether in my mind or viewing my surroundings....I see Your hand.
The blessing of knowing my eternal destiny is foremost. The personal gifts I have
been allowed to have are certainly the next on my list. My heritage, the husband You
gave me and the children You blessed me with, are not even the last of my blessings.
I remember the year I turned 65. I went out on the porch of my section of
the beach house that we had rented....remember?....and began to write 65 blessings in
my life. I remember thinking, I'll never fill this page up....and You, smiling, kept
placing all my treasures in my memory bank and I kept writing....incredulously...now
wondering if there would be an end. I honestly don't think there would have been. I
did stop at 65, but I kept thinking of more and more and more....just grateful to be
Your child and live in a country where I could worship You with no fear. For the
wonderfulness of Your love and mercy to me and mine, I bless Your name. (I still have trouble saying that Lord. How exactly do I bless You? ) I pray today for Your
wisdom and strength to do and say what I ought to...and mostly what You expect.
I would love to NOT fail You...I'd love to NOT have to come to You and say, "I
am sorry, Lord. I know I should have thought first". It is my desire to be like You
and be the emissary for You that You need, this day. In all I pray, I ask in the
name and will of Jesus Christ. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mom...What a priviledge it is to beable to be known as your daughter. You are truly an ambassador for God Mom. I love how REAL you are, and how willing you are to lay yourself open before God...and others for that matter. You Mom are...along with Daddy are two of my most precious blessings...Love you...lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, an honest and beautiful prayer to HIM. You continue to write so beautifully what so many of us are feeling ourselves....Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are always so uplifting. I enjoy reading them...and no way can you be 65!!! That is impossible...you are too beautiful to be 65!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrine, I love reading your letters to God. You always say whats on your heart and it shows all who read, just how much you want to please our Heavenly Father. I am sure He will say,"Well none my good and faithful servant!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know it's been awhile since I've seen or talked to you but I couldn't believe what I read when I saw 65. I ask myself where has time gone? Then I stop and think I'm gonna be 53 this year. All I can say is many moons ago GOD had everything lined up just right when you and John was placed in my life.

    ReplyDelete