My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, August 27, 2010

I Just Came To Talk To You.........

You know, Lord.....I have thought so much about that song that came out several years
ago, "I Just Came To Talk To You, Lord". Some of the phrases just stick in my head. One in particular, "....You've answered a million prayers or more, that I forgot to thank You for...". Basically saying to You that we ask and receive and never thank You. All the time, Lord...it's "Help me accomplish this" or "Help me understand"
or "Why do I have to do this?". It's almost a constant Lord. All the time I ask and ask and ask. Are You really sure You want me to do this? All the time? Well, You know, Lord....if You at any time said, "Don't come to me! You got yourself into this mess. Why should I? You only talk to me when You want something. Give me a break....I've got other people to help out....people that thank me and praise me...." well then what would I do? There is "none" like You. Thank You my dear Father for loving me enough to not respond to me like that. I realize that You have Your hands full just dealing with my wants and needs, but You love and provide for each one that calls You Lord. I am forever grateful for the heritage You provided me with. To not have been introduced to You at an early age and lived and grown in spiritual surroundings, my life perhaps would have been so different. Looking at the sea of faces of people I meet in everyday life...at Walmart...at the mall....at Red Lobster...I am so blessed to have been surrounded by Your children all the years I've lived. The faces I look at and nod to....often appear sad or angry. And then, I have to say that sometimes there are people who....bother me. Your people, Lord. They are so judgmental of each other. They are so unkind and uncaring too much of the time. It embarrasses me, Lord.... to think that I could ever be included in these groups. Oh, Lord....today my prayer is that I will forever be grateful for all You have given me and done for me. I do not want to be like the Publican crowing that "I'm glad I'm not like "those" people". I realize it is only by Your grace and strength supporting me that I do anything. I ask You Lord, to guide me into all Your truth in allowing me to be Your vessel. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.....

No comments:

Post a Comment